PDA

View Full Version : All of my Dioramas

Loenf
07-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi, I never posted a thread in this section even though I built a lot of dioramas. I would like to present you a short assortment of all my dioramas I built to this day. Some are illuminated by LED, other quite simple. Whenever I see my other models in the shelf, I think the mean advantage of an diorama is the dust protection. All models I build are for free download. Here are some Pictures:

regards loenf

Loenf
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Here ist the rest of the pictures:

doctormax
07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
they look great and shows free kits can make really interesting peices.

Art Deco
07-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Adding context to a miniature or model gives it so much more dramatic impact. Very nice work!

spgifford
07-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Only one thing comes to mind while viewing these:

WOW:eek:

cardmodeler
07-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Great stuff! I particularly like the one with R2-D2 and C3PO.

Swampfox
07-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Excellent presentation!!

I'm not usually all that interested in Si-Fi models, except when they are presented like this....... it gives the model life..

well done.

Swampfox

The Orange
07-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Very nice job!

Are those display boxes custom built? Could you tell us how you created them?

Thanks!

rockpaperscissor
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Beautiful work. Great craftsmanship and artistry.

silveroxide
07-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Great work on your dioramas Loenf; I remember when you posted the Tumbler a while back. My comments on dioramas is, that a model by itself is just a model, but put it into a scenario then it tells a story. I hope that you have some more in your future endeavors.

ThunderChild
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Awesome dioramas, congrats! I love the lighting in the Voyager! But must admit, Artoo and threepeo looks great!

Tirick
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
:D I like to see my work (Snowspeeder) in such excellent display...

Thank you for sharing!

peter taft
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Way coooooool... very nice builds, and superbly displayed, i like 'em alot ;)

sjsquirrel
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Fantastic work Loenf! Very inspiring. I've never bothered doing anything special to display my models, but seeing your work makes me want to try my hand at it.

Thanks for sharing your work and inspiring some of us other modelers to greater heights.

Steve

Jim Nunn
07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Loenf

Wonderful presentations, they add a great deal to the models, and your lighting of the models is subtle and very artistic. I hope you get the impression I liked them very much

Ill be seeing JO Sutton on Friday night and Ill show him the photos of his Tin Tin rocket that you built I know he will like it.

Jim Nunn

Loenf
07-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Very nice job!

Are those display boxes custom built? Could you tell us how you created them?

Thanks!

Hi and first of all, thanks for the commendations!

Yes, the boxes are custom built! I use for the ground and the top of the boxes beechwood glulam. The rails are made of aluminium and from the following company:

Fischer Elektronik - Home (http://www.fischerelektronik.de/)

Here is a precise description of the aluminium profile:

http://www.fischerelektronik.de/fisc...er/M.1.1.2.pdf (http://www.fischerelektronik.de/fischer/uploadfischerfcase/Fischer/M.1.1.2.pdf)

I attached some pictures below for more details.
Intstead off glas I used acryl glas 2mm thickness. The rest are some LED, some cable, some cardstock and a lot of passion!;)

regards Loenf

Loenf
07-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Loenf

Wonderful presentations, they add a great deal to the models, and your lighting of the models is subtle and very artistic. I hope you get the impression I liked them very much

Ill be seeing JO Sutton on Friday night and Ill show him the photos of his Tin Tin rocket that you built I know he will like it.

Jim Nunn

The Rocket was one of my first diorama I build. Tell JO Sutton, that he created a very precise model. Every part fits to the other, I really enjoyed to build the model. I am still looking forward if there apears on the board any other Tin Tin model like the shark submarine or the moon tank.

regards Loenf

marksolo
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Simply awesome!!!! And mostly free kits? Which X-Wing kit is that?

Loenf
07-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Simply awesome!!!! And mostly free kits? Which X-Wing kit is that?
All of them are free kits!
The X-Wing model is from the following page:

XWing@2nd Edition ƒ_ƒEƒ“ƒ[ƒh‚• (http://www006.upp.so-net.ne.jp/zen/P_Craft/XWing2_Download.html)

regards Loenf

gamera
07-19-2010, 06:51 PM
They're all great. Makes me want to try a diorama.

marksolo
07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the response Loenf,
I can't wait to see your next diorama!

Squirrel
07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the DeLorean Time Machine? i have one model, but it is not nearly as detailed as yours.

ThunderChild
07-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Here ya go Squirrel. They got Doc's train too! :D
BTTF Delorean | FREE paper models (http://paperinside.com/delorean/)

Loenf
07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the DeLorean Time Machine? i have one model, but it is not nearly as detailed as yours.

If you are interrested to build the model, here are some more detailed pictures of the DeLorean.

Delorean - Paper Modelers Gallery (http://www.papermodelers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=712&ppuser=0)

I've seen you got already the link from ThunderChild, if there any other questions about the model sent me a pm.

regards Loenf

Squirrel
07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
thanks, both of you! my dad wants to make a derby car off of this, and i was going to give this to him as a reference.

elpapersyco
07-17-2011, 11:49 AM
*Una locura LoENF !!! IMPRESIONANTE excelente trabajo siempre me dejan sin habla tus dioramas tengo algunos modelos de aviones como un F22 que nesecita un diorama como estos...que me sugieres ??? deseo mostrar el F22 como si estuviera surcando las nubes

*LoENF crazy! AWESOME good work always leave me speechless your dioramas I have some model airplanes as a diorama NEED TO F22 it like this ... I suggest?? I want to show the F22 as if flying through the clouds

Loenf
07-18-2011, 07:34 AM
*Una locura LoENF !!! IMPRESIONANTE excelente trabajo siempre me dejan sin habla tus dioramas tengo algunos modelos de aviones como un F22 que nesecita un diorama como estos...que me sugieres ??? deseo mostrar el F22 como si estuviera surcando las nubes

*LoENF crazy! AWESOME good work always leave me speechless your dioramas I have some model airplanes as a diorama NEED TO F22 it like this ... I suggest?? I want to show the F22 as if flying through the clouds

buenas tardes!
I have seen a very nice picture of a papermodel and clouds at the AXM-Page (http://www.axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/Gallery2.html). There is a picture of a space shuttle and they used cotton batting for the dust. You can use the batting also for clouds.

regards Loenf

closet astronaut
07-27-2011, 04:41 PM
These are great man, I haven't seen most of these...thanks for sharing.

Magus42
08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Wonderful post.
Really excellent display cases.
Thanks for posting.

Christine U
10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Youre really an artist in your sense for the right atmospere to present your wonderful models in. Love it, all of them!

Loenf
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks a lot for all those positive feedback! So here is a little update, my collection gets bigger and bigger:)! Here are some pics of my latest builds:

regards Matthias

carlos filipe
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Loenf:
Great craftmanship and excelent presentation.
You master quite well the stage with very few but effective elements.
I wonder how your dioramas would look like in boxed dioramas presentation.
You show concern to present 3 sides, but I have a feeling many of these dioramas would benefit from a single view. The one you as producer want us to see.
The police car from Blade runner works well in this presentation, but for instance the robots from StarWars would definitely benefit if presented in a boxed diorama. With all respect, they almost like being trapped in the shower cabin. if the scene was extended on both sides, the front glass would vanish in our mind. But seeing the three sides, the impact is somewhat atenuated.
Best regards
Carlos

B-Manic
10-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Great subjects, skilled builds, excellently displayed. Who could as for anything better.

carlos filipe
10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Oneself.
The purpose of forums is to debate and try improve.

Loenf
10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Hi Loenf:
Great craftmanship and excelent presentation.
You master quite well the stage with very few but effective elements.
I wonder how your dioramas would look like in boxed dioramas presentation.
You show concern to present 3 sides, but I have a feeling many of these dioramas would benefit from a single view. The one you as producer want us to see.
The police car from Blade runner works well in this presentation, but for instance the robots from StarWars would definitely benefit if presented in a boxed diorama. With all respect, they almost like being trapped in the shower cabin. if the scene was extended on both sides, the front glass would vanish in our mind. But seeing the three sides, the impact is somewhat atenuated.
Best regards
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
first of all, kindly excuse the delay.
I think if I would build boxed dioramas it is not necessary to build 3d models. If its just possible to see the model from one side, i could just as well build only a 2d-model with different flat background-layer. I have also some models which I never would put in a diorama, because its important to see all sides of the model.
In my opinion its not important to see all sides of a car for instance ( I don't care about the underbody, except I would buy a real a car :)) but if you want to see the relation between front- and lateral-view, it is very usefull to have two or three sides for a threedimensional sight.

regars Loenf

RickTNRebel
10-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Really great dios! I love your work, it makes all of us paper modelers look good! I especially like the snow and the light saber treatments. What is your favorite book or tutorial on dio builds?

carlos filipe
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Loenf.
I don't think you know what a boxed diorama is. Or if you know, you don't like it. It is your option and there's nothing else to talk about it..
Please don't take wrong the opinions I expressed, I meant well.
Best regards
Carlos

Loenf
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
This is the last update for 2011, my Boba Fett diorama:

regards and best wishes for 2012,

Loenf

Inky
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Those are all awesome. Really love the Boba Fett, he was always my favorite.

Yellow Thunder
11-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Dear Loenf,

I love all the diorama's you made, excellent, but now I have a question for you, where can I find the Eagle Transporter model for download, I'm searching it already for some time now but didn't succeed.

Thanks a lot!

Loenf
11-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Dear Loenf,

I love all the diorama's you made, excellent, but now I have a question for you, where can I find the Eagle Transporter model for download, I'm searching it already for some time now but didn't succeed.

Thanks a lot!

You can download the model at the following link:

http://www.eagletransporter.com/papercraft/eagle.zip

But I think , you have to register yourself at the forum before.

regards loenf

Hi-Torque
11-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi Loenf,

Building dioramas and scenes that tell a story is my favorite pastime. You have made excellent use of these models! Bravo! Wow! I just noticed that you live only an hour and a half away from me...a small world, just like our dioramas :)

Kind Regards,

Cris

Yellow Thunder
11-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Hi Loenf,

I succeeded in downloading directly on your link, much appreciated, but I forgot one thing to ask you initially, I'm also looking for the Tin Tin Rocket (or Kuifje here in The Netherlands) as I like that one very much (VERY MUCH!)

Can you also provide me the link for this one please ?

Thanks a lot!

Loenf
11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi Loenf,

I succeeded in downloading directly on your link, much appreciated, but I forgot one thing to ask you initially, I'm also looking for the Tin Tin Rocket (or Kuifje here in The Netherlands) as I like that one very much (VERY MUCH!)

Can you also provide me the link for this one please ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,
I found the link of the model some years ago in a french cardmodel-forum:

http://www.maquettes-papier.net/forumenpapier/download/file.php?id=31

There is also a building report, but my french is very bad :).

groetjes

Loenf

Yellow Thunder
11-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,
I found the link of the model some years ago in a french cardmodel-forum:

http://www.maquettes-papier.net/forumenpapier/download/file.php?id=31

There is also a building report, but my french is very bad :).

groetjes

Loenf

Besten Dank Loenf,

You made me a very happy person :)

Grusse,

Loenf
02-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi,
here is a short update of my diorama collection for 2012/2013. I was updating the Boba fett diorama with a scratchbuilt Jawa, i build a xenomorph diorama (Alien) and the last project was the Iron man dio. Here are some pictures and videos:

Wzi979PkUbM

l29EDyD8zvM

regards loenf