PDA

View Full Version : BTR-80 - Modelcard - Modelik

Moshe
01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Modelik's BTR-80 at Spishop's clearnence sale and started looking for building threads. What I found is Modelcard's kit with a few pictures of the completed kit. I also found pictures of the front covers of both kits and the artworks on both are identical.

I read somewhere in the past that Polish companies "share" their stuff sometimes, and my question is: are the kits' parts also shared in this case.

While I'm here, I'd need also a build thraed of Halinski's Hawkeye. If you know of one other than the four pictures one that I found, I could add its link to my growing collection of links.

Thanks, Moshe

GreMir
01-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Modelik evolved from Modelcard and several Modelcard models were reissued under Modelik label. BTR-80 might be one of them - tried to look on konradus' forum but no definitive answer if this is the case....

vojta80
01-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Hello Moshe,

I have build Modelik´s BTR 80 and I am nearly sure that the only difference between the Modelik and Modelcard is the used color of this model - Modelik has more yellow - by my opinion not so real.

I hope my answer helps you

Moshe
01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hello Moshe,

I have build Modelik´s BTR 80 and I am nearly sure that the only difference between the Modelik and Modelcard is the used color of this model - Modelik has more yellow - by my opinion not so real.

I hope my answer helps you

Thanks vojta80. Would you happen to have pictures of the assembly process?

Moshe

vojta80
01-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I am sorry but have not any picture of the process, it was my first polish model and I am glad that I have finished it (but with some big mistakes!)
While I was moving to my new flat the box with this model felt down (my brother is not good house-mover). I took a lot of work to get it back to normal. On this link you can see the modelcard look: http://www.modelik.pl/index.php?show=gale_mist_06_02 (funny - on the modelik page :) ) I used this offen when I didn´t know how to assemble some parts.

Moshe
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks, Modelik's site was the first place I looked for pictures.

Moshe

Fishcarver
01-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Moshe: I have the Modelik BTR 80 but plan to build it soon in 1:35.

I will show you also how to paint it!

Be patient, as I am in the middle of building ORLIK's BRDM 2

Jim

Moshe
01-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Moshe: I have the Modelik BTR 80 but plan to build it soon in 1:35.

I will show you also how to paint it!

Be patient, as I am in the middle of building ORLIK's BRDM 2

Jim

Thanks Jim,

You can take your time, I'm not going anywhere and have a long waitting list of kits to be built. :-)

Moshe

SergeM
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Hi!
I am glad what You use my model BTR-80 with working independent suspension on each wheel on www.modelik.pl (http://www.modelik.pl) as example.
I have no BTR-80 as ModelCard. I buy BTR-80 original magazine published by Modelik, scan and repaint it in real Soviet Army colors and print on the inkjet printer. You can find more details about assembling BTR-80 in kartonbau forum.

Good Luck!
Sergey Mikhaylov.

P.S. I don't know why, but pan J.Oles published Soviet military vehicles with acid yellow and acid light green colors. For example - BTR-80, SCUD (interrior color is terrible) and so on.