PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Skylab wet orbital workshop 1968 1/96

Paper Kosmonaut
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, It's about time to start with it, right? Here's something non-fictional but never built space-related history.
Already before Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, NASA was looking to the future and possible other uses of Apollo material. One idea, already long in the making was an orbital workshop, a space station. To observe the earth, the planets and the stars and perhaps a little spying. MOL came and went and never flew. Wernher von Braun for one came up with the idea to reuse an emptied stage of a rocket as a space station. This was worked out onto a SIVb stage. Before the final configuration was built and launched in 1973 a lot of ideas came from the drawing board. This is just one of them.

Due to budget reasons this baby never was built. the elements that might have been too expensive were replaced by cheaper or better solutions. Perhaps it would have been better to keep the solar panels inside the petals instead of alongside the hull outside. The LM-cabin as solar telecopic observatory would have been a nice addition but perhaps a little too brittle hullwise...

I made this one partly from scratch, partly with Ton Nooteboom's SIVb. The LM I am going to use is U-Don's but that is something I'll do later. This is how far I got the first day.

the first part was just a regular buildup of a SIVb. I used a superball to make the seams more round and smooth. The business end also was as straightforward as coud be. (I had my 1/96 styrene SIVb to compare it with) Some things were made from cardboard or silver coloured paper. The base of the petal section was cut loose to be placed upon the stage. The petals were kept for later. The upper part of the tank was not used but left open for the tunnel, which was the first pure scratchbuilt piece here. I used some cardboard again to make its appearance a bit more attractive.

Paper Kosmonaut
08-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Next was the rest of the docking section. I made a drawing so I could see where I wanted to use which piece of Apollo stuff.

I used Photoshop to mess up Ton's Apollo CSM a bit. ;)
The docking section consists of two cone shapes like the Apollo Command Module. The forward pointing one of them has the female docking cone to able the Apollo itself to dock. This forward cone also has the main hatch.the midsection node part is as wide as the Service Module, only smaller. Perhaps this was done to give the astronauts room to manoeuver inside the node. The tunnel upward is to a cylindrical section which perhaps would be the "locker room" to change into EVA-suits. The rear cone is also an Apollo CM but less recognisable. It just fitted well.
After the glueing together I used some strips of silver paper to patch up the glue lines and make some useless but pretty umbilical lines around the node section.
A lot of extra strips of card were used here and there to camouflage the small flaws in the build. I'm jus' messing around with the stuff.

The petals were cut out in one piece and glued to silver cardboard. Then they were cut loose and bent to shape. Unfortunately it wrinkled a bit. The cardboard was a bit too thick, I guess..

The drawing shows how I planned it and what is next:
the Apollo Telescope Mount with the LM.

dhanners
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Interesting concept, and the build looks great so far....

Paper Kosmonaut
08-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I forgot to post the pic here upon which it all is based. Here it is:

the hermit
08-28-2010, 04:56 PM
this is so very cool!

i cant wait to see model plans for it.

thanks.

Paper Kosmonaut
08-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I actually started making sheets with the additional pieces but I first have to ask Ton Nooteboom if he doesn't mind...

& Thanks for the kind words, guys.

dhanners
08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Looking at the drawing, it seems odd they would leave the panels of the Spacecraft/Lunar Module Adapter on. On the "real" thing, the panels were jettisoned, and on a vehicle like this, it just seems they'd get in the way. I know you're building your model to the drawing, but it just seems like one of those things an artist included that didn't square with reality.

Paper Kosmonaut
08-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Dave, in this b/w picture it is not so clear but the descant stage of the LM is the framework for the telescope, the cylinder in the middle of it. I think they used the frame of the original descent stage for it, this being a re-use program. The flattened panels are some kind of solar arrays or reflectors,I don't know. The lens of the telescope is protruding in the middle of it. Perhaps for cooling of the instruments or extra energy. Most of this OWS version might remain guesswork, i'm afraid..

The petals of the SIVb first were not to be jettisoned, only when the astronauts of Apollo 7 mentioned the petals were too close for comfort when manoeuvering, NASA decided to jettison the petals at separation. This was in 1968, so perhaps after this design was made. In another weird looking version from the same era the petals still are attached.

merzo
08-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Kosmonaut Hello!

That's progress. A lot has happened .. I like the draft. Good construction.
S IV B stamp features a plastic model?
Drawings under his arm to the basics? I'm looking for Google but can not find it.

S IV and S IV B of the difference, what?

Good luck.

(Sorry to miss the google translator)

merzo

Paper Kosmonaut
08-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey Merzo, Thanks! Yes, the other SIVb in the photo is of a plastic model I made a year and a half ago. The Revell 1/96 Saturn with a lot of extra scratchbuilding and detail sets.
And the drawing I made was to see where the build was going and where to place the different Apollo pieces.

Paper Kosmonaut
08-31-2010, 03:19 PM
A bit of progress here. The solar panels were made from blue metallic paper that was folded and then lined over the foldlines with a silver sharpie. An extra line in the middle made the effect complete. I love the look of it. It's exactly why I bought it in the first place.

Then, the SIVb hull was given a drillhole next to one of the blukheads right through the hull and a copper tube was inserted. The picture frame it's going to be on will have a tube too with a rod inserted. The SIVb slides over this rod.

The biggest problem I faced was the attachment of the solar panels. I first experimented with card strips I wanted to place alongside the panels like on the drawing. It did not work so I took some liberties with the panels and drilled a nice little hole through them. Across the hull and the tunnel I inserted a second copper tube (or is it brass? in dutch both types are called "koper") in which I slid a smaller rod and onto that I put the solar panels.

After that, I cut pieces of rod to make the frame structure that strengthens the tunnel to the docking node. And that's, my friends, where I am at now. Next is the ATM, the Apollo Telescope Mount. A little LEM-like structure with a twist.

The last one is the main view again but a little earlier in the process, the frame was not yet installed.. (forgot to take a complete last shot, I will do that tomorrow..)

dhanners
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Looks sharp!

Paper Kosmonaut
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Dave. Just realized I made a small mistake according the solar panels. On the drawing it looks like they were to be extended from the tunnel part, not the petals. I missed that all this time. I still think the solar arrays coming from the petals look good. But what the heck, the whole idea has not even been realized. It still gives a good impression of what could have been Skylab if NASA's wallet would have been filled up a bit more than Nixon did. Oh well.
Tomorrow I am going to paint the frame and camouflage some of the blemished parts a bit.

Retired_for_now
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Looking great - can't wait to see how you pose this one ...

Yogi

dhanners
08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Dave. Just realized I made a small mistake according the solar panels. On the drawing it looks like they were to be extended from the tunnel part, not the petals. I missed that all this time. I still think the solar arrays coming from the petals look good. But what the heck, the whole idea has not even been realized. It still gives a good impression of what could have been Skylab if NASA's wallet would have been filled up a bit more than Nixon did. Oh well.
Tomorrow I am going to paint the frame and camouflage some of the blemished parts a bit.

I did wonder about the arrays coming out of the panels. It's paper, so there's no problem if you want to redo it. Hide the old holes with "access panels" and you've added some 3D detail in the course of the fix.

SAustin16
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Love it Kosmo...very cool design. I really enjoy putting into 3d the unrealized designs of the 60's and 70's. Very good job.

Only Mr. Hanners would think to cover the holes with "access panels"...brilliant.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-02-2010, 02:05 AM
And access panels it will be. Just removed the whole shebang to make myself some nice access panels. Who wouldn't have some access panels on his spaceship? they're convenient, because well, they give access! (-;
I got myself a very heavy head cold yesterday so I decided to stay home today. *Snrf*
Gives me some time to build a little further. Just have to keep out not to sneeze over my models... So there's probably a follow-up later today.
In the meantime I will drink some camomile tea with honey and sniff some white glue.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Well, I am not that ill to stay in bed and with a little grog to drink I feel as good as a head cold can make me feel :cool: so here's what I did up till now. The panel tube was removed, leaving behind a nasty hole I covered up with some access panels. (where did he get the idea?:D - thanks, Dave!)
I painted the rods white and used some small drops of CA to secure the position of the solar arrays.
Quite pleased with the result.
Now the rest.
I started with the J2-engine bell. Instead of a cluster of gass balls this wet OWS had the engine still on. I decided to take a go at Greelt's J2 because I thought Ton's engine was a bit too Spartan in its appearance. So I reduced the 1/48th engine bell to 1/96... Postcard size... Man, this is small! We'll see where this ends up...

dhanners
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
That J2 will look great, I bet. And although nobody asked my opinion, I think the solar arrays look much better (and are more plausible) in the new location. You're really buildling something cool here!

Paper Kosmonaut
09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I kind of like it better myself, too. Although the idea of the solar panels in the petals was not such a bad thought. Oh well, that might be my snot-for-brains at the moment. *snirf* Thanks again, Dave. I highly estimate your non- asked-for opinions.

The J2 is getting more and more recognisable. In about an hour or so I'll post some pics.

Still brooding on some spectacular display idea. Got some things in mind.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
This J2 engine is a bunch of fun to build. again and again you cut out a part, wondering what it is for and when attached the J2 looks a bit more real. Greelt is a genius. However, it is 50% smaller than intended and I noticed I made some tiny mistakes in placing stuff. But in this case I find it is fully acceptable, considering my situation (*Atchoo! Snirf..*:p) and the amount of greeblyness this engine has at this scale. So I don't care that much. it looks the part.
I also used black pencil to char the inside of the engine bell a bit. It must have been used, isn't it?

Without further ado, this is what I could do today. I call it a day now, gonna make myself another Grog and do some relaxing on the couch with my cats.

dhanners
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Uh, I'd rate it a bit higher than merely "fully acceptable." Really nice work!

In looking at it, I was reminded of something I did the other day with rocket nozzles in mind. The big challenge, of course, is keeping them round. I usually put something round, like a bottle lid, in the nozzle after gluing and let it sit so it'll be circular when it dries. But when I was at my local junk supply shop the other day, I bought a bunch of ball bearings in various sizes. On my next nozzle, I'll stick the appropriate-sized ball bearing in the nozzle while it dries. Can't get any rounder than a ball bearing....

Paper Kosmonaut
09-03-2010, 01:01 AM
I have a couple of different sized marbles lying around for such purposes. Works like a charm. I stole them from little kids. No I didn't. :D
But this engine bell isn't *that* wobbly, or is it? It might look like it, but perhaps I pinched it a little too much. *checks* it looks quite allright.

dhanners
09-03-2010, 06:11 AM
I have a couple of different sized marbles lying around for such purposes. Works like a charm. I stole them from little kids. No I didn't. :D
But this engine bell isn't *that* wobbly, or is it? It might look like it, but perhaps I pinched it a little too much. *checks* it looks quite allright.

No, you're nozzle isn't "wobbly" and I didn't mean to imply that it was. It was just that seeing the nozzle reminded me of buying the ball bearings, and I thought I'd pass the tip along in case there were other modelers out there wondering how some folks go about getting round nozzles. But your nozzle is great and when this model is done, the whole thing is going to look killer.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Just a small snotty update:
The J2 is fastened on the SIVb's business end. I love the detail. Greelt made a great model. It almost looks overdone with the SIVb body. It will get some more greeblies though. The gas balls are prepared. The hols got a drop of CA to close them up and they're waiting for a paintjob.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Being too full of snot is never good for your concentration. That's clear to me now. I put the engine on the wrong way. So a new try today. The engine section wasn't yet glued to the SIVb body so it was easy to remove and replace. Lucky me.
I painted the gas balls and gave them all straps. On the engine section I placed the venting pipe, some electric cable greeblies and the beddings for the gas balls. Also, I put a little lead weight in the back, to compensate for the weight in front.
Now it's time for the Apollo and the ATM. Finally. We're getting there.
Some pics:

Paper Kosmonaut
09-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I did the first steps with making the Apollo Telescope Mount today. It's partially made of U-Don's LM of which I now have the biggest part of the cabin assembled. It goes together like a dream. Very small parts though (it being downsized 50%) and a lot of foldlines.
The result actually looks better in real life than the pictures tend to show...

Retired_for_now
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
How does he make such superb models with those huge fingers? Oh, wait. It's a downscaled model - carry on the fine work!

Yogi (still working around my ten thumbs - at least some of which are opposable...)

Paper Kosmonaut
09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Hahahaha! thanks, Yogi. Yeah, I guess the bigger the model is, the clumsier I seem to get. 1/96 is just about the right size for 1/48 models.
(Just as 1/24 is just about the right size for 1/12 Marsian situations.)

Retired_for_now
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Well, it seems consensus is for 1:24 (or 1:25 metric) for space probes. My problem is that I started at 1:48 with Ton's Hubble and just kept trying to match that. The rovers really need to start at 1:12 (or 1:15 to match Erik/Ton's MER) to be able to draw them accurately - I use the grid function to keep everything lined up, square, and correctly sized when drawing so keeping it (relatively) large keeps the grid step size reasonable.
Yogi (don't ask about the big-ISS...)

Paper Kosmonaut
09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Yogi, How about that big ISS?

(Perhaps I should give it a try in 1/565 to match my staging Saturn V... :D)
*Thinks*
(Hmmmm.. That *is* an idea. Awwwww! Now it starts to itch!)

Retired_for_now
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
In that case I'd recommend building down the 4-foot ISS in the downloads (reduced parts count from the big one - more parts fit on a page). I've already done it as a two-footer http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/pasa-paper-aeronautical-space-administration/5509-big-iss-3.html and it worked pretty well (1:165 scale at 50% reduction on the 4-footer, so you'd need to print it at about 15% ...).
Yogi

Paper Kosmonaut
09-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Oddly enough, the printer wouldn't just put 16 PDF files resized to 20% on one sheet of paper. Well, it would but then they all appeared as stamp-sized blots. So I just printed 100% 16 pages on 1 A4 sheet. That went well and appears to be almost as small as 20%. So, it's printed. You might figure out yourself how small it will be... :eek: An attempt to start and build it will be made after Sojourner and Sagan base station.

Now back to the OWS:
The LM/ATM has its orbital manoeuvring engines and now it's time for the base structure with the telescope. Update later today.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
The cabin is ready. So is the telescope. I started work on the lattuce structure that holds the telescope equipment where normally the descent stage of the LM would be. It has the same measurements so I use the LM's descent stage plans to lay out the pattern of cocktail sticks I cut for the frame. It's drying right now. First I want to see how it turns out before I go on with the rest of the pieces.
And for your interest: About what will come soon: How small will an ISS be in about 1/370 (I guess...)The last pic tells all.

dhanners
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
That thing is a pretty amazing model all by itself. What did you use for the RCS nozzles, if I may ask? I need to steal the idea, if I haven't already....

Retired_for_now
09-08-2010, 07:14 PM
And for your interest: About what will come soon: How small will an ISS be in about 1/370 (I guess...)The last pic tells all.

Workshop coming along nicely - and I think you've definitely solved the endemic truss-sagging problem with ISS models ... not to mention kept the ink useage under control when printing jparenti's beautiful solar arrays.

Yogi

Paper Kosmonaut
09-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks. For the thrusters I used some tiny parts out of the plastic model leftover box. I couldn't get me to try and roll 16 microscopic cones. I won't say I'm lazy but I also never said I was a paper purist, heh heh heh.. Still, almost everything else of the model is paper.

And alas for jparenti but I guess I might use the coloured paper I also used for Sojourner and the OWS to make the solar panels.

dhanners
09-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Well, if they're styrene, they're still in the ballpark. Paper is made from trees, and styrene comes from oil, which comes from trees (and other stuff) that just happens to have been sitting in the ground for millions of years. When we build with paper, we're just using newer trees.

Whatever the material, it looks great. There's nothing like detail to make a model stand out.

jparenti
09-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Well, if they're styrene, they're still in the ballpark. Paper is made from trees, and styrene comes from oil, which comes from trees (and other stuff) that just happens to have been sitting in the ground for millions of years. When we build with paper, we're just using newer trees.

Very true. And it makes me feel better for occasionally using small amounts of plastic in my own models. Personally, I am working on a Voyager model whose lower truss assembly is made of painted brass tubing -- no way am I going to be able to explain that away. :D

Paper Kosmonaut
09-09-2010, 06:09 AM
I laughed loudly over the styrene paper quote. That's a great way of explaining!
I love working with brass, the framework around the tunnel is made from the stuff. If it weren't for the chronic pain in my wallet I experience at the moment, I'd have made the ATM base frame out of soldered brass rods. Perhaps I will if this method of cocktail sticks doesn't work out. (haven't checked yet)

merzo
09-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I laughed loudly over the styrene paper quote. That's a great way of explaining!
I love working with brass, the framework around the tunnel is made from the stuff. If it weren't for the chronic pain in my wallet I experience at the moment, I'd have made the ATM base frame out of soldered brass rods. Perhaps I will if this method of cocktail sticks doesn't work out. (haven't checked yet)

Hali
Cocktail sticks? I am using ping pong balls and Christmas
tree ornaments + mustard tubes also!

If you can!

Nice one construction Congrats:

Paper Kosmonaut
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, cocktail sticks or not, I decided to use trees that turned to oil instead. The frame was a bit more solid looking.
There was a bit of a hiatus in the build but here we take off againfor the second to last step.
The ATM bottom section went together on the flow. I scratched everything and measured most things by eye or redundant components of the LM kit. The filling of the compartments was done with wooden beads I painted Aluminium and silver. I also rolled some tubes and upholstered some of the sections with foil. The rudimentary landing struts (still there to get some rigidity, I guess) were made from brass rod.
Next step is the Apollo CSM itself. And that's where I am right now.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-13-2010, 01:27 PM
...And here's how the wet orbital workshop looks before the Apollo arrives:

dhanners
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
VERY impressive build! It's great to see someone take a simple drawing and turn it into a stunning scratchbuilt model.

WeeVikes
09-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Paper, that is remarkable!

Outstanding work once again.

Mike

Retired_for_now
09-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Love it!

Yogi

jparenti
09-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Great build! I've always liked the "what-if" models, and the wet workshop concept was always of interest to me, Skylab aficionado as I am. Now that I've seen someone more talented do it, I may do my own in the future.
Of note, has anyone ever seen this version of the wet workshop planned as a Venus flyby mission? (I always thought this would make a great model, too, and I was hoping for Greelt's design of the S-IVB to do it with, but alas, I do not think he is continuing the project.)
Manned Venus Flyby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manned_Venus_Flyby)

Paper Kosmonaut
09-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the nice words, all.
@jparenti: Hey, J, that's some really interesting stuff, about the wet workshop Venus flyby. That's a story of the AAP I never heard of before. According to the pictures it would make for a very straightforward, almost clean, build. (No solar panels?!)

jparenti
09-15-2010, 05:56 AM
According to the report (first link under References) the solar arrays are attached to the sides of the S-IVB. Not sure if they folded out or stayed attached. There are also atmospheric probes detailed in the other links (also would be interesting models).

dhanners
09-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah, from the drawings, it appeared the solar arrays were like those on Skylab, folded up against the side of the S-IVB at launch.

Paper Kosmonaut
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM
The Apollo CSM. I decided the capsule could use some extra depth so I printed a double copy and cut out several panels and the window sills of the outer windows. After that, the capsule was spraypainted silver with a rattlecan of Humbrol acrylic.

I put an extra little cone up front with a cocktail stick to secure the stack when docked. Just like the OWS, I placed a small brass tube inside the SM that shoves over the rod on the frame base. The last thing I had to do was rolling the awfully tiny RCS thrusters for the SM. Luckily all 16 went together the first try. Things like that are the most tedious parts of the hobby, in my opinion. In situations like that I get dangerously close to losing interest in the rest of the build.

The base shows a photo of the Cape Verdean Islands, taken while the Shuttle crew was doing maintenance duties on Hubble. The last row of pics show the finished result. Surprisingly, I was more pleased with the final appearance than I expected. I hope you like it too. (-;
Thanks for riding along during this build and the advices!
(Oh, cut the cr*p, show us the pics already!)

WeeVikes
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Kosmo, dang...

You've blown my mind again!

You, sir, are my hero.

Mike

merzo
09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Gratulissimó

jparenti
09-15-2010, 11:06 PM
That is a truly impressive build. There are a lot of tips you have given here as well that can be applied to a great many other subjects. I especially like the depth that you have added to the Apollo CM and the use of Greelt's J-2 -- I may need to borrow those tips in the future. :D

Paper Kosmonaut
09-16-2010, 01:20 AM
The late (and great) double bassplayer Ray Brown once was asked for advice on how to play jazz like him. He answered: "Steal everything you can." In this case, I can only second him. Use what you see for your own good!
Thanks for the kind words, all.

dhanners
09-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Impressive build of an interesting concept. Or, more simply, "Cool model!"

Daedalus
10-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Great build! I've always liked the "what-if" models, and the wet workshop concept was always of interest to me, Skylab aficionado as I am. Now that I've seen someone more talented do it, I may do my own in the future.
Of note, has anyone ever seen this version of the wet workshop planned as a Venus flyby mission? (I always thought this would make a great model, too, and I was hoping for Greelt's design of the S-IVB to do it with, but alas, I do not think he is continuing the project.)
Manned Venus Flyby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manned_Venus_Flyby)

I agree with J, It's great to see what might have been. I love to see the evolution of tech.

Venus Flyby? Colonization?!.....That would have been interesting.

I must echo everyone else and say how incredible your build is and how inspiring your technique. Thank you for sharing!

Paper Kosmonaut
10-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Thanks a lot, Daedalus. It really was a fun build.

SAustin16
10-09-2010, 06:42 AM
1968 the way it should have been... NAA, McD-D, and Grumman still building their wonderful spacecraft. Excellent model.

Paper Kosmonaut
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
A very late addition, but I stumbled upon this tiny picture on the Beyond Apollo (http://beyondapollo.blogspot.com/) site which shows the wet OWS with solar arrays sprouting from its petals after all! The solar panel square of the refurbished LM is a bit smaller, too.
I couldn't find a bigger pic, unfortunately but you get the idea.

Joshua Loney
06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
do you have a download of all the parts at one spot for those who might want to build this

Paper Kosmonaut
06-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Joshua.

As I already said in my first post of this thread, this model is scratchbuilt for a big part. I used several elements from several designers and modified some of it to fit my needs. I did do some designing work but I didn't feel the need to publish those parts, since I just hugely modified and re-modified parts of other designers. Besides, they would only be interesting when one would make this particular combination. Therefore I abandoned the idea of trying to make them available.
I do not even have them any more.

So unfortunately for you: no, there is not "one spot" to download this all. You'll have to use your own imagination and skills for this.
To help you along and get you started, these are the main ingredients
I used Ton Noteboom (http://www.pe2tr.nl/index2.htm)'s Apollo and SIVb but I replaced his engine bell for Greelt Peterusma's J2 (http://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_other.html#m10) (#8/10 on the page) The LM structure comes from U-Don (http://udonfactory.the-ninja.jp/paper/space/space2.html). The rest is scratchbuilt.
Good luck!
-PK

jleslie48
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
very cool could of been. - Jon

if it needs a home on the internet, it is welcome at the egiftshop. - Jon

zeawolves77
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
nice work, Paper Kosmonaut :D
it's exciting to see creativity, effort blended to make this concept become real (well, it's a paper model but hey... :) )

THE DC
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
This is pretty rightous!

Paper Kosmonaut
07-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks! It already is an oldie, gathering dust on the shelves. But it still is kind of a looker, isn't it? (-;