PDA

View Full Version : The Cathedral of the Resurrection

Mike Stamper
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I've been a bit quiet recently, mainly because I have been asked to return to work full time for a few months. I didn't realise how difficult it would be after a year's retirement !

Anyway, I've not done much model making but I've been slowly making the Cathedral. This one's near Yalta in the Crimea and comes from Papermodeling.net. It's about the most complicated model I've made and the instructions don't help much- just a few helpful suggestions and a few drawings. But with a little time, I've managed to work out what's going on.

The following pictures show the completed model - well for the next 3 or 4 months, because it will be part of the exhibition at the Museum of Childhood.

I suggested that a small table with the modeling tools and a half-made model may be of interest and the museum agreed.

The model is 1:150 and the height to the top of the main dome is about 6 inches.

In the final picture the piece next to the entrance will fit inside the porch with the patterned side down. The small round pictures of the saints will be seen in the round arches.

So here's a few photos.

Tim Crowe
09-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Looking good as always!

Any news on the V&A room?

Tim

Mike Stamper
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
No news yet.... I've got to make an appointment to see their "education" dept who look after the rooms.

Cheers
Mike

Kevin WS
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Very nice! Appeals to me for some reason!

Glad too that it will have a nice home!