PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 02-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Thanks very much, guys.

I was worry unfolding the rail systems will be a pain. Well, I was wrong. It's not so bad, not at all. It is designed for builder friendly. Well, at least I intended to be builder friendly. Don't know till I actually start building them. Anyway, I designed all the teeth to be in a single row, not as individual. So that shouldn't be a pain to put together, at least not by much. I'll soon see will that design workout the way I intended or not, but, before that, I need to finish the rail handguard first. I got the first inside layer cut out, just four more outer layers to go. That should be a fairly solid piece when done. ...... I need a break........ :I

Squeezing in A4? ........... no, I don't think so. It was on A3, and I have to cut two parts from the drum in half to fit in A3. Cutting the parts in half cost me to have some misalignment. I don't want to think want would that do to the cylinder. The more parts cut up, the more likely things will goes misaligned. I want to keep all parts in one piece as much as possible for better fit. I just moved to Super B. I can fit more parts in a page, and that also = less pages count.
Attached Thumbnails
MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0013.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0014.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0012.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM

a quick update.

All the rail handguard layers are cut, and dry fit looks good. Got the bottom rail done too. Not hard to put together at all. I just took my time and it came out nice. But the fold line/template came out way to dark. I need to go back to photoshop to lighten the templates and the texture too, cause the allenscrews completely lost in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0019.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0018.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0017.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0016.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0015.jpg  

Old 02-06-2011, 07:41 PM

The rail system done. It is almost like a model on it own. Very sold, just as I was hoping it would be. If I painted the edges too, think it will looks even better. Since I don't have a actual real MGL140 on hand(if I do, NSA and ATF will probably kick down my door and haul me in for questioning), I don't really know how it attached to the barrel. So I looks at all the airsoft versions and go with my best guess. It is not 100% in accuracy , but close enough.
Attached Thumbnails
MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0020.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0021.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0022.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0023.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0024.jpg  

MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0025.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0026.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0027.jpg   MGL140 Grenade Launcher test built-dsc_0028.jpg  
Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
wow thats sick!!!!!!!!!! i think im going to make a shotgun a.... remington 870 perhaps?! :D
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM

the rail looks fantastic, i would expect it to be come quite troublesome seeing how its not solid, but excellent work.

I would like to ask, are you going to release / have you released this model anywhere?
Google Adsense
Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM

Thanks, ven1x. The rails are not hard at all, troublesome, maybe to some I would guess. But not to me. It was actually easier or not as hard as I thought it would be to build the rails. I took my time to glue couple of keys at a time and next thing I know it was done.

It is not release yet. I still not done unfolding it. I got side tricked and now I am unfolding the sub 707R right now and also couple of thing in the oven + a instructions for a model still on going. Don't know when I will get back on track with the MGL. And I am a bit of a tightwad about releasing my models to the public free but only to a hand full of modelers with strict conditions they each have to agreed. Or, maybe I just sell it, don't know.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Goodduck, what do I have to do to get on your list for this? I'd love to get/buy a copy.

Thanks for sharing your progress.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:19 PM

shawnr5, you just did, by showing up and giving me a criticism/comment or two and of legal.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
This is going to be so sweet when you get it done. I need one to to go along with my Barrett M82A when I get it completed.

Keep up the good (great) work.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Let me first apologize, don't means to insult your eyes with my sloppy built and bad pictures. I printed on the back of some used stock just to test fit. So cleanliness was not the priority right now.

I was going to test build the MGL140 launcher, but I think better to get the easy stuff like the grenade out of the way first. Beside, I found some reference on the launcher online I didn't see before. So I want to go back and retouch that little area on the launcher.

Anyway, on to the grenade test build. To the left (1st photo) is a metal airsoft version, think it can still shoot BB's. I bought it used in store without the box. It was a out of production display item. Think it is a HE round, or could be a HEDP round. Whatever it is. It is a good reference to have on hand, and very nice display item with my airsoft stuff. To the right, next to the metal one is the 1st test build from your truly. Parts overall fit very well. I think if I cut inside the outline instead of outside, the parts will fit even better. I'll try that next time. I still need to touch up on the texture, and I'll lighten the outline more on the lighter area too so the outline don't standout so much, and the text too,I need to make them much lighter and little smaller size. The cartridge case was built up with four layers, so are the rings on the fuse body and inside of the fuse head. I was going to make the fuse head removable too to see inside the copper liner and spitback assembly. But I thought that would be a little too much, LOL. I reminded myself that there are six of this to build, LOL! Ok, that's all for now. Launcher next.
I have a few of the real metal M169 case cartridges from when I was in the Army and fired them off.
Any way I could get just the designs for the head so I can build them and stick them in my casings?
Google Adsense