PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard

Hello everybody.

I've been asked many times to start a build thread. I was always afraid to show the work in progress, since my models are usually painted. The painting itself is very difficult to show on photos - it's a dirty process and many people consider it as an attempt to cover mistakes (hmm, sometimes they're right). But I decided to give it a try.

Currently am working on the Bradley M2. I started it abaout a month ago. Unfortunately the model issued by ModelCard, which is the basis of my work will soon be adult (first edition AD 1995) - this is the cause of many problems.
First of all technically the model is terrible, I can't even count the corrections I had to make.
Second - originally it represents the first version M2A0, used before Opreation Desert Storm. That's bad because I plan to build the Bradley with OIF mods.

Below you'll find a few photos showing current status (and mistakes I did up-to-date...).

I see that most of you live in US, maybe you'll be able to help me with continuation of my build.

The mods I do are mostly based on the walkaround of Pierric Boudehn from Prime Portal. And at this point I found a problem.
Until now I failed to find similar walkaround :(
I do not have the photos of upper-rear side of vehicle. Can anyone help me with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-1.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-2.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-3.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-4.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up

IMHO, Painting is not a "dirty process": You gotta do what you have to do to get the job done. So I am in your corner, firmly, on this issue!

Jim
Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 PM

Looks to me like you are doing a great job on the Bradley M2. As far as painting, I prefer to paint all my armor subjects, makes them look more realistic. Look forward to more of this build.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

When you see a lot of these vehicles up close, you realize the perfection that some models display is a weak spot. That's one nice lookin' tank you got there.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:16 AM

Gteat thanks, the last link has exactly what I needed.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.50 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to leclerc
That's a good looking Bradley
As for the picture references I cannot find any better sources than the one you already mentioned at prime portal.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Today I prepared the loaders hatch and some rear armor plates.

To give depth to the hatch I added the imitation of anti-skid surface. The flat ares are covered with sand paper, on the edges I had to do it "manually". I used similar method which gives the effect of casted steel on WW2 wehicles.

I prepared the mix of glue (popular glue used for wood), water (to make the resulting substance thin) and soda (baking soda I suppose). You can see the results on the photos below.

I'm not entirely happy, but this is the early stage with only the initial layer of base paint. I hope it will get better (especially after instalation of other details - periscoper, hinges, etc.).
Attached Thumbnails
Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-6.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-6a_resize.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-7.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-8.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-9.jpg  

Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-10.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-11.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-12.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-13.jpg  

Last edited by vanhasen; 02-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Little update - armor plates on both sides.
This week I'll be stuck in hotel room with the most boring part of the job - cutting the suspension elements :(
Attached Thumbnails
Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-14.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-15.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-16.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-17.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-18.jpg  

Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Last week was very borring - I prepared some suspension elements. Fortunately now I can return to the more ambitious tasks. I just finished the driver's hatch
Attached Thumbnails
Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-.jpg   Bradley M2 - OIF modification of ModelCard-b.jpg  
Google Adsense