PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aom View Post
Any chance I could get a copy of that PDF? When I open it up, I get 8 (I think) pages that look properly laid out, and then there are a bunch of pieces floating around above and to the left. A PDF with things laid out correctly would make me a really happy camper.
found the pdf file, it has nine pages. wonder what happened with yours do really that is strange. i send you the pdf no problem at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 551.4 KB
Mine is nine pages in Viewer, but there are parts floating around to the left above page 1 in the window where you can see the parts layout. It's the same PDO you linked to earlier.

In fact, you can see the parts I'm talking about in this picture.

Like I said in my PM, The parts appear to be internal when you click on them and see where they are on the model. For a closed build, I don't think they really matter. I just found it to be really odd.

At least I can open PDO's at home on my new MacBook Pro since I can run Windows through Parallels.

Thanks for hooking me up, though. This community is awesome!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
Has anyone found textures for this model yet? I would really like to textureize it before I print it. I have both the PDOviewer and Designer. Or would it just suffice to paint the thing black when it's done?

Rusty
Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post
Has anyone found textures for this model yet? I would really like to textureize it before I print it. I have both the PDOviewer and Designer. Or would it just suffice to paint the thing black when it's done?

Rusty
You can set your own textures in the viewer. The file is however password protected so there is no chance to color the different parts.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post

Rusty
i think it be a bit of painting when finished i was thinking print out some picture of the gun on very thin paper and then covering but i figured that could make a right mess.
Google Adsense
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 551.4 KB
I'm with doctormax on this one. I'm going to be painting this one myself. I'm going to see if I can find a bunch of good glock 17 images to get the positions for the stamped lettering and serial numbers so I can "stamp" them in with a ballpoint before I paint them.

Working out a texture to wrap this one after you're in a file that is really only going to opened in Viewer is going to be a bitch. I couldn't even begin to pull that one off.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom View Post
I'm with doctormax on this one. I'm going to be painting this one myself. I'm going to see if I can find a bunch of good glock 17 images to get the positions for the stamped lettering and serial numbers so I can "stamp" them in with a ballpoint before I paint them.

Working out a texture to wrap this one after you're in a file that is really only going to opened in Viewer is going to be a bitch. I couldn't even begin to pull that one off.
there are some very good photos of the gun i found on a site, it think this would help you with the painting and finding where to put the serials and other writing. my suggestion would be to enlarge that photo and to just maybe trace onto the gun when assembled the markings it would be what i be planning
Attached Thumbnails
Glock 17 by ktmkid991 A build thread-glock_17_blank.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Ummmm, well Doc, you,ve started something now hav'nt ya!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 PM

the floating part to the side a bad... they are going to be remodeled.......
Old 05-29-2011, 02:31 PM

like some of you have said the file is password protected. Does anyone have that password?
Google Adsense