PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I look forward to seeing your build, Uryaell.

Wyvern - The handouts were very popular. We ran out of all of them on Saturday and Lil and I made a run to Office Max to get 50 more each printed. At the end of the event, all we had left were a few jeeps that we distributed to members of the USAHEC staff who were interested in paper models.

Of course, a lot of the hand outs were picked up by folks who are unlikely to actually build them, but we could easily identify those of all ages who seemed to be genuinely interested (many of them, mostly men, who are already plastic modelers and those, mostly women, who have craft interests and hobbies). At least one (Karl Warner of the USAHEC staff who was our "Case Officer") has already showed up in this Forum.

We had several interesting discussions with veterans, reenactors, and restorers. Last year, we had two men who were involved with the recovery and production of a replica of the Confederate submarine Hunley, who spent a long time examining Greg's model of the ship. Another man pointed to the Fiddlers Green L4 Grasshoper and said "I had 75 combat missions in one of those."

This year, it was great to meet Jolene Hunter who, with her husband Brian, is restoring the Renault FT/6-ton tank. She is likely to become a paper modeler as well.

More later,

Don