PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Nice start, Don! And I love your office and garden. I see you have a 1:1 modeling cat, as well! Name?

Wyvern
Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
"I got a little sidetracked by the appearance of Fabrizio Prudenziati and could not resist trying to build his 1/35 Carden-Lloyd Mk.VI."

You beat me to it, Don. I was going to start on the Carden-Loyd this evening! But I think I'll switch to something else, knowing that I have you to sort out what challenges there may be with the kit. It's got more detail than most of the ZP kits (with the exception of the ships) and I wonder if Mr. Prudenziati is planning to do more kits, especially armor?
Best of luck on both these kits and please post pics of the Carden-Loyd.
Chris
I built a rescaled (to 1/25) Carden-Loyd a while ago - there may still be a build thread for it on this forum. If I remember correctly the only problem I had was with the support frame for the idlers - should have strengthened this by soaking it in CA. The rest of the model fitted together very nicely.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 05-25-2011, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Charlie - Glad that you dropped in. When I decided to try my hand at the Carden-Loyd (which I have been previously misspelling as "Carden-Lloyd"), the first thing I did was go back to your build thread, print the whole thing out, and pour over every word and picture. It was enormously useful. I hope to have my build thread on the wire later this evening and may have some questions for you as I proceed. If I manage to get the thing together, I hope in future to do an enlargement to 1/25 and emulate your build (not sure if I will emboss the rivets and turn headlights on a lathe, as you did, however).

Wyvern - The two cats have Japanese names, although, unlike our previous cats, which haled from Korea and Japan, they are orphan Pennsylvania Dutch farm cats. The one with white paws that appears in this and my FlyModel M3 light tank thread is Torachan (Little Tiger Girl). The other solid gray one is Skoshi (Little Bit).

Don
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for dropping in Chris, Greg, and Joe.

I am proceeding with the Carden-Loyd build, but this model is on my desk; I continue to pour over the plans, instructions, and parts; and am imagineering it in my mind. I am also resuscitating an old bottle of Aerogloss sanding sealer with liberal applications of acetone and will use the Charlie C method of touching up the ends of the frames so as to be able to sand the hull smooth for the application of the hull skin.

I appreciate your comments about the treads of this tank. Based on my study of the parts and drawings, and my own drawing of the way they go together, I agree that they look more manageable than some of the other 1/25 tracks.

More later,

Don