PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 77.46 MB
Joe, I just started cutting on tank #8 and I stopped and was admiring your handy work. It is amazing how you were able to transfer the images from your toy tank collection to your computer and make card models. I thank you again for your generousity by sharing with the cardmodel community. I for one hope you are able convert more for our enjoyment. A question comes to mind, who originally made the tanks? MARX, OHIO ART, etc? John
Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnflys2 View Post
Joe, I just started cutting on tank #8 and I stopped and was admiring your handy work. It is amazing how you were able to transfer the images from your toy tank collection to your computer and make card models. I thank you again for your generousity by sharing with the cardmodel community. I for one hope you are able convert more for our enjoyment. A question comes to mind, who originally made the tanks? MARX, OHIO ART, etc? John
John, thanks so much for the kind words.
These paper tanks are inspired by the toy tin tanks but are my own creations, they're not recreations of actual toys in my collection. Where would be the fun in that!?

It's been so long since I've created one I'm looking at these and also wondering how I had the patience to do it. Was a LOT of fun though. And since I'm having trouble recovering some of the files, I'll have to get back into the swing of things. I MUST post the axis tank to go along with the allied one!

Most of the tanks in my collection are from MARX, some others smaller ones are various manufacturers. At this time, the collection is packed away. My wife and I own a lot of "stuff" and have to rotate what we can put out for display.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM

Well Joe, since you created them, many more kudo's.
Axis tanks too? That would be great !!! John
Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
John,
I worked for OHIO ART the summer of 1960.
At that time, they made: tea sets, tops, sand toys, and etch-a-sketch.
I do not remember any toy tanks.
Google and eBay searches did not reveal any toy tanks made by OHIO ART.
OHIO ART did make many different tin toys, but it is unlikely that they made tin tanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Zakopious, I'll bet Joe's collection goes back to the '30's and '40's and MARX was making them at that time. John
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
These are very cute, and great builds btw... It's something that I'll have to consider for my kids, my two youngest I'm sure would have a blast with them, though I don't think that they'll have quite the survival rate due to their ages.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Joe, TinPaper Tank #8 is complete and all went well. The graphics are great. John
Attached Thumbnails
TinPaper Tanks-tp_8.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fine build, John.
File recovery is dismal but I'm still working on it. Getting things in piecemeal off the disc.
I have got an older copy of the Axis tank. Will work on updating it over the next week.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Look what I found!!!

Reading this thread took me back years!

Joe's models were among the first one I builded when I first discovered paper modeling about 7 years ago. I was in high school at that time ( now I'm 23 ) and I experimented modeling with poor paper and very poor printers ( but it was funny :D )

This evening I saw this thread and then hurry went searching my old boxes of models to see if I still have some of them... surprise!... for some reasons I don't know, maybe sentimentalism, I save them all!

Please don't look at the quality :P ( I know it's awful, also compared to my actual builds ghgh ) but look at the models I found.. a space tank, an US tank and a Christie 105 mm howitzer!

Unfortunately I don't have the files anymore, but I will be very interesting in rebuiding them now... so, Joe, thank you for your work and keep searching these little gems ... it would be great to recover them all!

Alberto

PS: as a Sci-Fi Fan I really would like to see the space base set
Attached Thumbnails
TinPaper Tanks-img_0482.jpg   TinPaper Tanks-img_0484.jpg   TinPaper Tanks-img_0485.jpg   TinPaper Tanks-img_0486.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
A hand built toy from Grandpa, that is probably their most valuable toy, it is built out an indestructible unfathomable purity, Love!
Google Adsense