PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, USA, one state away from Almost Heaven.
Total Downloaded: 0
I actually kind of stumbled upon it after reading something somewhere on the forums.. someone mentioned "hacking away at the circle." Forgive me, I cannot cite the post or the author. So, as you can see in the image above, being right handed, I cut on the right side of the circle, and do a series of slices... NOT hacking, but might as well be. I work around not exactly making straight cuts, but just barely following the lines so i do not end up with any angles. Rather than going all around in a single cut, I basically take the circle one small part at a time, (this is the important part) working INTO the circle. Look at the picture and it may make more sense. Does that make sense? I have used it on any part that is curved, basically. It works out surprisingly well, and I do not sand anything. I have used sand paper so far only to make something fit, not to finish any edges.

As for your compliments, thank you!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Karl,

cracker job, I guess next year we will need a table just for your models.

you are doing great, keep it up

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Your skillset is progressing at an intimidating pace. Most excellent work
Karl, glad to see you coming back!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Karl -

Inspiring is the word! You have developed skills and techniques in a few weeks that have taken me years. It's really exciting to see the development of your talent. I'm glad that you chose the T1E1 as a subject to try out the various methods. When I resume model building in a week or so, I am going to try to finish my own T1E1, using this thread of yours as a guide and inspiration.

I applaud your clear narrative style, good photography, and willingness to share your trials and errors.

I also appreciate your work at the U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, helping to tell the Army's story to visitors and keeping the Army's history alive through your research, interpretation, and now through model building.

Ed and I really enjoyed the time with you on the Army Heritage Trail yesterday. It's icing on the cake that we are both First Cavalry Division veterans!

As another great model builder used to say in this Forum: "Please to continue!"

Don