PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Kevin,

Glad to see this kit built, since I've always been curious about it, but never got around to getting one for myself. The only Alcan kit I built was the Ford pickup (model A?), purchased from a hobby shop in NY. Most parts were folded over to act as both the interior and exterior, which gave some rigidity. The textures were very good and the glossy finish worked well for this application.

Bob
Old 01-21-2012, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their positive feedback from my last update. Sorry I did not reply to you all sooner.

Next update...

Today I focused on building the gun mantlet that the barrel of the flame thrower will eventually be attached. Construction consisted of about half a dozen parts and was fairly straight forward. However, like the rest of the build, all of the parts had to be reinforced with heavier card stock (about 1.0 mm). To begin construction I cut out the parts while removing all glue tabs. Internal glue strips were then added to make for neater and cleaner joints. I also photo copied 3 of the parts onto regular paper and mounted them on to heavier board stock for construction. After this was assembled it was skined with the origional parts. I have to say that the over all fit is excellent. Each angle is correct with the hull and there are no gaps to be found anywhere where the two surfaces are joined to one another. Two thumbs up Alcon. I have also posted a picture of the exhaust parts that I completed the other day. I want to wait until I get the tracks mounted before I add these details to the hull.
That's all for now. Next step will be mounting the running gear and building the track sections.

Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0292.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0293.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0294.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0295.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0296.jpg  

Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0297.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0298.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0299.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0300.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Dang, this thing is clean! Perfect even in macro mode. It's a pleasure to watch this one come together.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Excellent work, as always, Kevin. Quite a contrast with the very simple toy tanks I am currently engaged in! This is going to be a very good-looking model when you are finished (it is already a very good-looking work-in-progress). I look forward to seeing it on display at Army Heritage Days in May, if not sooner.

Don
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 PM

It's been some time since my last post on this thread.
This weekend I was able to take the time needed to finally complete this model. (Just in time for Army Heritage days in two weeks) Everything for the most part went together with out too much difficulty. Overall the parts fit together very good except there was one BIG problem to overcome that I was not expecting. (Future builders beware!!!) One of the flat track sections (the rear upward angled one) needed to be first "bent" around the last road wheel. According to the illustrations the part was to fit like the other sections, but this was not to be. After scratching my head for a while it was nothing that a fresh razor blade, some super glue and a quick prayer couldent take care of! I think over all this set back turned out ok in the end. The designer should have made this part two links shorter and the section before it two links longer. If that were done it would have been a perfect fit.

If you have a chance and would like to see this and many other great paper models up close and in person please stop by our display at Army Heritage Days in Carsile, PA in two weeks (May 19-20) We'd love to see you.

I'll try to post some better pictures in the next day or so when I have a chance to get outside in the natural sun light but enjoy these for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0432.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0433.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0434.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0435.jpg   Alcan C.L.3 (Italian flame thrower tankette) 1:10-pict0436.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
That is one exemplary piece of modeling Kevin, very well done!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
So glad you finished this one up. I was just thinking about this build last week. Boy, it came out just beautiful! Excellent work, as always, Kevin. I just wish I could get to see it in person!
Chris
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
beautifully clean build Kevin. The Orlik kit has more detail, but this one has just the right amount to achieve that realistic effect.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Somehow, I missed the unveiling of the completed model (although I enjoyed seeing it in person at the Army Heritage and Education Center event last month).

Well done!

Don
Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Somehow, I missed the unveiling of the completed model
Don, You were no doubt grading papers!
Google Adsense