PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 08-23-2008, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looking nice Lluis.
I have made up my mind to make Sherman in the near future as my first tank following your report
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I agree the Sherman is coming along nicely. I'd be concerned about the GPM Sherman as a first tank build. I think that most modelers would find it a bit too challenging if they haven't built a tank before. This build hasn't got to the harder bits yet - check out the GPM Sherman build over at Zealot to see what you're up for. Might I suggest doing something a bit easier first.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM

Hello companions,

Yug, Charlie, thank you for your nice words.

YuG I don't know about your experience in paper modelling. Mine is the Kettenkrad and the Willys from Modelik. The Sherman is my third paper build. It is not a difficult paper model. The problems I find are about the printing process of the model, because it was made before computing design, the lines are not very thin and there are some fitting problems. Nothing you can't solve.

Here I am finishing to the big piece of the back. If nobody says anything against, I am going to call it radiator.

Now I am going with the details of the building. In Photo 39 you can see the different pieces that compose the radiator, the exhaust pipes and the hook of tow before cutting them. In Photo 40 all the pieces that compose the radiator. You observe that the piece in the form of L has an impression failure. I painted it a little with a marker.

039. 040.

In Photo 41 I am sticking one of the pieces in the form of L to the body of the radiator. As always I come step by step. In Photo 42 I begin to stick the piece across. And in the Photo 043 both pieces are already stuck.

041. 042. 043.

In Photo 44 you can see how it was the radiator at that stage. It lacked three parts to be finished. In Photo 45 the inner plating is sticking. And in Photo 46 the grid is sticking.

044. 045. 046.

In Photo 47 the finished radiator. You can see its location in the Sherman, it goes in the place marked as 22b. In Photo 48 I am sticking the radiator to its location in the Sherman. And in Photo 49 you can see the Sherman with the radiator stuck in its place.

047. 048. 049.

Well, that is everything at the moment. I am going to take seven days holiday, so for some days I will not posts any more progression on the Sherman.

See you later.

Greetings.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 PM

Thank you Lluis for your kind advice.
About vehicle I have made only one steam locomotive but many of airplanes and ships.
Anyhow let me first follow your report
Old 08-26-2008, 04:48 AM

Hi Lluis

I had a problem with BigBoy's tender tank frame. I designed in the same way as U-Boat that may suitable for curv skin like ship hull or fuselage. But for the flat plate like tank , it seems to have a problem.
The problem is the flat surface is not flat as i want. I'd followed this thread for a while. Your Sherman is a good referrence for me to re-design the BigBoy tender's frame. Thank you for sharing and wait to see the awesome Sherman.

Best Regards
----kooklik----
Union Pacific BigBoy 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale in design/build
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/n...wreply&p=22550

Last edited by kooklik; 08-26-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Thank you Kooklik for your nice words. I have been very busy last month, I hope to post progresses on the Sherman build soon.

Greetings.