PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-08-2012, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking

Nice! sakto ung safety! XD
Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM

got to say, your doing a great job on this. no dissrespect to any one else but i think you have to have a natural 'hand/eye' coordination when trying to make a model of this style of build, you've obviously got that!
i'm really glad you have done it this way cause it demonstrates just another way of card modeling and again, the benefit of combating the dreaded air moisture experienced in warmer humid countries.
'once you have done this you will then be able to escape from any prison by making a gun out of soap'
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM

I concur with Dessy. If I were incarcerated with you, I would gladly supply you with whittling material.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 28.13 MB
@ Nikolai - hope i'm doing justice to the pistol. This was designed by John Moses Browning! Lupit!

@ Dessy/Pixelpusher, thanks for the compliments. Dillinger was it, right? used soap and some shoe polish for his escape gun (or was it wooden?)

I won't be able to do much in the next few days since I'm at work and go home late...if I could just bring my stuff to the office . I have something planned for this build and it's not going to end with the completed pistol, painted and all. I will just make it a surprise (and no, I'm not using it for a heist hehehe!).

Will post some pics when I get some progress done.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Looking Forward

Although I have yet to complete the Colt Woodsman, I'm toying with an idea for the next one. I'm inclined to do the Colt (.25cal ACP) Model 1908 Vest Pocket automatic. Such a nice little mouse gun.

Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2012, 02:16 AM

bente-singko? nice! and that pic made me remember why I want to take up Drafting tech... So I could illustrate awesome things accurately!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi Isievert,

Gee, how about something with a bit more stretch all the way around instead of that little mouse gun?

A CZ-82 or CZ-83, identical except for the calibers, 9mm Makarov or .380 Auto.

Some old time western wear, an 1858 Remington or Colt Peacemaker.

Or even one of my favorites, Ruger P-95 9MM Parabellum 15 shot semi auto.

Can't wait to see how your painting comes along on your Woodsman. It is, next to my Ruger .22 semi auto target pistol, one of my favorite pistols. Very accurate, light and easy to carry around all day out in the field, not at all fussy about what .22 ammunition you feed it but responds well if you give it the target loads that it really likes.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM

I get you Jay, it's just that I'm thinking of something small with the 1911-type slide (to practice on the internals-springs, etc.) before I do some of the full-sized ones. While imagining what I'm going to do next, I thought of the Luger, Colt 1903/1908 Hammerless, or the Walther PPK. I want to do a small one first so I can practice on the slide that is basically hollow on the inside and may require board bending and not just laminating.

We'll see
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isievert View Post
I get you Jay, it's just that I'm thinking of something small with the 1911-type slide (to practice on the internals-springs, etc.) before I do some of the full-sized ones. While imagining what I'm going to do next, I thought of the Luger, Colt 1903/1908 Hammerless, or the Walther PPK. I want to do a small one first so I can practice on the slide that is basically hollow on the inside and may require board bending and not just laminating.

We'll see
sound approach my friend.
there is an opening in the paper gun model area for detailed operating parts. always a challenging task.
you may be the man to do this though!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:31 AM

Started this time with the rear sights and prepped the Woodsman for final painting. I made a base paint of flat black for all the metal surfaces..

Building up the sight with some glue

Worked on the grips while the glue hardens

Checking clearances for the safety

building up the grip

The flat black under-paint makes it easier for me to see the imperfections/holes/dents etc..

The dents are puttied up and is coated with glue after sanding

Same treatment for the slide

For the checkering on the grips, I just decided to use some scrap screen. Cut to size, super glued into place and coated again with some glue prior to painting.

Mostly what's left is the right grip and the final painting. Whew!
Google Adsense