PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Well progress has been a bit slow, with the continuation of the ammo another 14 rounds off 2 different types. I haven't enjoyed doing ammo the petals are quite small and fiddly to do, to get them looking good and I found it was hard to get all the parts fit together so that they were nice and symmetrical however much I trimed them and and altered there positions I couldn't quite get them right.

Next was the ammunition box that takes place of the codriver after making the box up I had to trim the flange on the base of the shelsl so that they would fit through the holes in the top of the ammo box.

A view inside the ammo box showing the short tubes that help hold the shells in place.

The ammo box full shells the instructions show the two shorter shells contained in this box and the high velocity armour piercing shells in the next box but I decided to put in 3 of the high velocity armour piercing ones near as well.

Next ammo box is ready the ammo box with the shells angled for ease of access. As you can see from the picture in the instructions the tubes that hold the shells come up to about the end of the shell casing which is 22 mm in length. the parts to be rolled up to form the tubes are 10 mill too long being the length of the shell. These i cut down so they matched the tubes shown in the instructions.

The completed ready ammo box.

The ammo boxes and fire extinguisher all glued into the base of the tank hull.

that's all for now enjoy watching.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Man...as small as they are, they look great! Just an awesome build you have going.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Thanks Beachead.

This instalment starts with part 61 and angled plate that sits over the battery box and as a bracket for some ammo and box storage

Part 61 and some storage boxes 62

Part 61 with the storage boxes 62 and the ammunition boxes fitted.

Part 61 fixed in place in the hull of the tank.

Now the fun part the driver's the office base plate part 63 with the brackets hold the levers and pedals. Plus I think the clutch pedal part 64.

Part 65 either break or accelerator pedal.

Part 65 in place.

All the Hull interior parts apart from the driver's office of all been glued in place in the foreground of the picture you can see I have made a start on the steering levers part 66 which I hoped to finish this afternoon but after the family Sunday lunch I was sprung with a surprise job of fixing together of a kennel for my nieces sheepdog puppy which she got as an early birthday present she's been nagging or one for a couple of years now. So part 66 will be continued next week.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
DAVID,

Don't worry, these things take time. The build looks great!!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 11.18 MB
Hi David,
good progress on your work!!
Google Adsense
Old 03-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Thanks Enrico and Rich
Another update the steering arms in the first picture.

Drivers floor plate with guides for the steering arms fitted.

Several pictures of the steering arms fitted the drivers floor plate in place as well this is quite difficult as you have to fit the steering arms in first and then glue the floor plate in place. This was difficult with the guides for the steering arms already fixed in place on the floor plate, future reference room else is best to put these in afterwards.

[img][/http://www.ukpapermodels.com/albums/albums/userpics/10009/small431.jpgimg]
Not sure how easy it is to see but fitted in the hull of the tank part of the clutch linkage that runs behind the drivers position as the clutches fitted at the back by the engine linkage runs down the drive shaft casing across the back of the drivers floor plate and then down the side of the tank.

Next three pictures show the drivers floor plate glued in place on the linkage from the clutch pedal the fixed in place as well.

Pedestal for the seat.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello David,

as usual great update!

Marco
Currently Building: RN Zara 1:400
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.42 MB
DAVID,

I have read through this posting about ten times. This keeps looking better and better all the time. Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Thanks Marco and Rich.
The smallish update today
assembled the base of the seat fixed on the pedestal and the support for the back.

The back fix to the seat.

Seat fixed in position.

Next up was throttle lever shown here fixed in place.

And that is the end all the equipment and fittings into the lower part of the Hull, apart from the gearbox and transmission which will come up shortly.
But for the moment construction moves to the rear of the Hull.
Which starts off with the making of the rear doors to the engine compartment.

That's it till next week.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 946.34 MB
David,
This build only gets better as you keep updating us. Have any nerves left?
What I've been meaning to ask is if the parts come pre-weathered with scuffs/stains, or if you're adding those as you go.
Mark
Google Adsense