Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanmodels View Post
Thanks Hetzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanmodels View Post
Thanks Jim was wondering how you where doing with the traks Are you useing the nilon bushes in the conectors as i have fond that mine are a good fit in fact i have had to open some holes up a bit to fit on the pins.
David,

After building a few I did not like the vinyl bushings for several reasons. First they did not look scale to me secondly they are nearly imposable to glue and worse to paint. So like you I'm using the paper parts, but boy do they try your patients.

As soon as I can set some time aside I'll start my build thread.

My complements on the jigs you made a much better approach they my method.

Jim
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
You tank tread builders have my undying admiration; I go absolutely bonkers if I have to build more than two of any particular item!

Cheers!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Jaffro and Ccoyle thanks you just get into a rhythm and try to do the next one just a little bit faster than the last one but then after a while you get distracted with the instructions then think all the juicy things to come and get back to doing the track.
Jim thanks but I wouldn't have thought making jigs if you hadn't posted a picture of yours first. Hope you find time soon to post it be interesting to see how much our builds differ from each other to achieve the same thing.

Well an update from the weekend first off the build is going to slow up a bit as I have acquired a four-legged supervisor who goes by the name of pudding, she is a nine week old chocolate Labrador. She's been banned from my modelling room as on her first visit there she left a little number two present .

Back to business painted and unpainted connectors

two completed sections of track showing inside and outside of the track.

Completed assembled track so far.
[img]http://www.ukpapermodels.com/albums/albums/userpics/10009/small50~0.JPG[img]
Wiltshire Yeomanry tack markings added to the front and rear pieces of the tank and am going to have to move the telephone box on the rear to the outside as on the blank alternate part, the white blank for it was in the centre and I couldn't fit the tack sign in.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Like you "supervisor"! Give her a doggie treat for me!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 PM

Those tracks look amazing.... and the paper dog, too - very life like!
Google Adsense
Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM

Charles pudding says thanks for the treat.
Clashster thanks
well I didn't feel like doing tracks match last weekend and didn't have much time and my eye was drawn to the machine gun mounted on the top of the turret so below is the weekend's progress.

I had a PM from Jim nunn over at who is also building the firefly but hasn't yet started to build thread about the length of the track pins I premade all 400 pins 17.4 mm in length as mentioned in the instructions, and found them to be short when I assembled my track I did think it was my building and they turned out to be a millimetre wider at 18.4mm. but Jim has found the same his tracks measure 18.5mm. so I think there must be a typo. The machine gun is finished now will post pics at the weekend so it's back to more track at the weekend. that's all for now.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 PM

The gun is amazing! Looks like it's ready to fire!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM

Thanks clashster
below are some pictures of the gun mount, ammunition can,and the gun and mount together.

the final picture shows painted on tank name with a little kiwi fern leaf that the ninth armoured Brigade could have on their tanks after their outstanding work as part of the supercharge at Alamein when they were attached to the New Zealand division. And the squadron markings on the turret.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM

I am really enjoying your build, David - beautiful work! This one is on my list to aquire and hopefully build some day. Thanks for sharing your work!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:30 PM

Jim Nunn has made a start on the hull and highlightedt a slight misprint on this kit the page that has the under hull skin on it sort gets lighter and greener as it moves off to one corner. Unfortunately this lighter corner contains part 1a , this the baseplate to the transmission the bolts onto the front but as you can see in the picture below it is a lot greener than the hull.

I gave it a light wash with the watercolour pencil that I'm using on the tank tracks ( supracolour 2 soft carand'ache charcoal grey409) but is more the dark brown and white off the surplus then awash with the colour I'm using the green edges which is the same make a pencil as above but is umber 049 over the top is not quite the same but I don't think it stands out as much.

this final picture was taken right after I'd done it.

Google Adsense