PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
"U know guys all the site U have given me I've been to and have gotten modle of them BUT as far as I'm concerned they are also stolen or pirated model."

what? really? so everybody here trying to help is wrong and you are right? let us know how that works out for you...

"I don't know about U'r country but here in mine we have a copy right law that states I can use anything of, of anything and provided I don't gain by financial means out that probuct I can use it therefore I'm not gaining"

i think you might be mis-informed about australian copyright laws. this is usually the first excuse i hear from those who are ignorant in the ways of IP theft. i wouldn't be surprised if australia were a part of an international copyright agreement. perhaps someone else from australia could confirm this?

we don't want you to go, dingo. artistically, your build photos are nice. we just want you to understand that some things can't be done here, and shouldn't be done anywhere...
Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebeltex View Post
i think you might be mis-informed about australian copyright laws. this is usually the first excuse i hear from those who are ignorant in the ways of IP theft. i wouldn't be surprised if australia were a part of an international copyright agreement. perhaps someone else from australia could confirm this?
You're right Australia is part of the International Copyright Convention. In addition, as part of the Oz-US free trade agreement Australia has a version of the US DMCA.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wot U say is true and I'm the first one to jump on amyone who pirates stuff from anywhere but in the case of wot I have on these 2 CDRoms I know thorugh a friend in the U.K. that they are legal buys and this person who has sent them to me has done so because I myself am unable to buy such a large quantity of model, as I said I got them thru the post and when I sent a big thank you via another forum the sender did reply without letting on who he was I'm OK with that he also stated that they where originally bought by him from a variety of on-line shops as well as going to shops and buying over the counter this has now been comfirnmed by mu U.K. friend who has e-mail the person concerned who is now upset that it has caused concern by others who think they're bootlegged now if U think they are and don't want them on the site I'm happy with that it just means that U will miss out on such a lot of good builds that I have in both trucks & cars. I ahve no problems I know Y U have kicked up a stink and I probably would've done so as well if I could tell that they're bootleg model but as I said U do not have any proof and I do know that they have been sent in good faith.

Dingo
Old 10-11-2008, 11:34 PM

JUst let's leave it at that and get on with buoilding model instead of this nick-picking we're doing now U see wot I wa on about in the first place and it got out of hand.

Dingo
Old 10-12-2008, 12:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Dingo,
The fact that this good friend bought the models legally doesn't make your scanned copies legal, period.
He had all the right to scan the models for his own use, but the moment he made them available to you, even if he didn't make any money, he broke the law. Several people already told you that since you already have the models, you can keep on building them, but you cannot show them on this on any other forum or you might get the owners of the forum in trouble.
Everybody make mistakes, the difference is how you act when this mistake is pointed out and I'm sorry to say but you are stuck on "I'm right no matter what the facts" attitude.
We cannot "leave it at that" because that would mean approving what you are doing and none of us support piracy.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:37 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Wot U say is true and I'm the first one to jump on amyone who pirates stuff from anywhere but in the case of wot I have on these 2 CDRoms I know thorugh a friend in the U.K. that they are legal buys and this person who has sent them to me has done so because I myself am unable to buy such a large quantity of model, as I said I got them thru the post and when I sent a big thank you via another forum the sender did reply without letting on who he was I'm OK with that he also stated that they where originally bought by him from a variety of on-line shops as well as going to shops and buying over the counter this has now been comfirnmed by mu U.K. friend who has e-mail the person concerned who is now upset that it has caused concern by others who think they're bootlegged now if U think they are and don't want them on the site I'm happy with that it just means that U will miss out on such a lot of good builds that I have in both trucks & cars. I ahve no problems I know Y U have kicked up a stink and I probably would've done so as well if I could tell that they're bootleg model but as I said U do not have any proof and I do know that they have been sent in good faith.

Dingo
So, I am desperately trying to understand what you are typing. Your saying that you have someone online that you have have befriended and bought illegal/bootleg items from and you accept on their opinion that it's all good because they say so???

If I told you to pour a glass of water into your computer because cooler computers run faster, would you do it? I would hope to think not because common sense would prevail here.

Your pointing fingers at others to deflect blame here. More than likely you have purchased those CDs on ebay and a big flag should have gone up when you looked at how much you were paying for 2 CD's full of models that in cost would have paid for one basic card model in print. When something is too good to be true, the general rule is that you should investigate it.

If someone offered to sell you a brand new car for $100, a smart person would stop and look into why someone is selling an expensive item for so little.

You bought 2 cds. You probably paid about $20-40 + shipping for about $1.00 worth of material plus 20mins of cd burning time. The joker that sold you those models made that in profit. Do you REALLY think he is concerned over the fact that these are not legit? He made 1900% profit and he doesn't have to look you in the eye.

I have been ripped off too. I bought the same thing a long time ago and fell into that trap when I received my 2 cd's containing scanned models. I was angry because it was obvious that what I got was something someone downloaded off the internet. I responded back to the seller and complained that these were not legal and I had to go through Ebay's painful process of getting my money back. Soon after that I purchased the real thing from sellers online as penance for buying illegal/bootleg items.

We here do not 'think' something is bootleg, we know it is. It's not hard to spot it and when it shows up we make note of it. As far as good builds... these models are pirated... no good can come from any of those builds. Now every build that you post here, I will be suspect of.

Last edited by Stev0; 10-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
JUst let's leave it at that and get on with buoilding model instead of this nick-picking we're doing now U see wot I wa on about in the first place and it got out of hand.

Dingo
NIT-PICKING... NIT-PICKING

Main Entry:nit–pick·ing Pronunciation: \ˈnit-ˌpi-kiŋ\ Function:noun Etymology: 1nit Date:1956 : minute and usually unjustified criticism

nit?picking - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

I'm glad that you find the fact that we show concern over artists being ripped off, minute and unjustified.

Think about that the next time someone steals something that belongs to you.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

This has turned into a venting thread. It's all been said. Time to move on.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:25 AM

Stevo I didn't buy anything form anyone the diskwhere given to me as a gift so if that's wrong so be it I have also said I won't show any of the models from the disk on this forum fromow on that's U'r loss not mine. Zathros U'r right it's time to move on this has become a witch hunt on me even though it started out as a thread to ask nit-pickers not to pick on the fact that I called the truck a Chev tuck & not a Chev Blitz truck which is wot I would've done, so let's all move on from this venting hunting thing and get back to building and showing our papers models

Dingo
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Ok - as stated everything that needs to has been said here, closing thread.