PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 08-13-2011, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A10 see through-cannon

hi chaps, me again. i'd like you to join me on my hardest build to date!.
its an idea thats been going around in my head for a while now. it started 'in my head' of wanting to build a complete gau-8a avenger, 7 barrell cannon mounted on a display base so it would look good with the other rotory guns on my shelf. me thought 'now that should torture the old brain a bit' but while i was watching 'airdaves' build of the a10 by maly modelarz my head started buzzing again and thought of a better way to torture myself! why not take the front end of the same model, cut letter boxes through it and fit the avenger gun assembly in it! so you can see inside. as you can imagine i was getting giddy at this point.
ok, without further ado, off we go. first i'd like to thank airdave with the help on the a10 model, 'thanks mate'. it took quite a while to scale both the plane/gun. by much research and enlarging on the printer to get them to work together (see pics) the prints of the gun will now allow me to just measure and make 'he says!'. for the plane it was different i worked on the pdf and enlarged it to 220%, now of course it wont fit A4 paper so had to print the skins over 2 A4 sheets, cut out and stick together to make a template to draw around on thicker card. i think it should work. after the main working out i'll start with the ammunition drum.
Attached Thumbnails
A10 see through-cannon-a10plane.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-gu9.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-001.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-002.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-003.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

AWESOME!!! I'm subscribed!! I got pulled over byone of these guys once, scared the Bejesus out of me!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
AWESOME!!! I'm subscribed!! I got pulled over byone of these guys once, scared the Bejesus out of me!
hiya buddy, thought you would find interest in this one. you told me about your meeting with the warthog a while back, remember. still have a chuckle, even now.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Eternal Member

Wow, that is going to be big and interesting
Old 08-13-2011, 02:09 PM

hi doc, hope your havin a rest from the 'u-boot model!
yes this one will turn my brain to jelly.
Google Adsense
Old 08-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessy View Post
hi doc, hope your havin a rest from the 'u-boot model!
yes this one will turn my brain to jelly.
No rest onto the next build the G-6 rhino a lot easier have to say a lot less parts and a lot less tiny bits
Old 08-14-2011, 03:28 PM

ok, Ammo drum is done, fitted the ammo loading gear to the front/bottom of track. this is where the 30mm rounds would be loaded usually by 2 men with a special feeding truck. the spent cartridges are also emptied from here via a drop down hatch from under the belly of the plane. the drum is hydrolicaly powered and contains a large fine 'corkscew' that holds the rounds. when the firing button is pressed the corkscrew spins 'fast', the rounds pass through it and out to the cannon. the mad thing is, the spent rounds from the cannon are 'tracked' back to the rear of the drum and neatly placed back into the now emptying corkscrew. after firing all the rounds the empties are neatly stacked in the drum, brought back to base, unloaded and sent of for replacments. this may have changed due to the price of metal! they may just buy the ammo straight in? its a bit confusing, you've to imagine there is an endless feed chain, in a track that flies around the complete system 'at very high speed, live rounds comming out of the drum into the gun, spent rounds out of the gun back to the drum! 'sorry got carried away there' i've also done the feed out gearbox (front) and the feed in gearbox (empties) at the rear and is also painted
Attached Thumbnails
A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-007.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-008.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-009.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-010.jpg   A10 see through-cannon-warthog3-011.jpg  

Old 08-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Dessy if you ever teach a class on this scratchbuilding voodoo you do let me be the first to express my profound desire to attend!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder81777 View Post
Dessy if you ever teach a class on this scratchbuilding voodoo you do let me be the first to express my profound desire to attend!
hi buddy, not seen ya in the armory for a while. by the time i get to teach a class i think i'll be rockin back and forth on a chair in a psyciactric hospital! my heads already hurting with this one
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Now that's some impressive stuff right there.

My galleries
Google Adsense