PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Humvee M988 I.E.D at 1:50

Hi All, This is my first thread. I saw amazing builds around and feels like a real newbie. Everything has to has a starting point, so this is mine. Feel free to give me critics and advice, it will be very welcomed.

It took a sometime for me to design this model, my mood was up and down and also my job occupied my time so much so that even at home sometimes, i didn't want to see my computer screen anymore. Though, finally the design was completed and so did the test built.

I printed using laser printer on 190gsm art paper. It looks too simple when the truck itself finished, so I added some details including AK-47, M4A1 Carbine, 1 sniper rifle, couple of boxes, cooler box, bags, ammo boxes, and a map. Hope these simple things can make the Humvee looks more detail..
Attached Thumbnails
Humvee M988 I.E.D at 1:50-img6693w.jpg   Humvee M988 I.E.D at 1:50-img6694f.jpg   Humvee M988 I.E.D at 1:50-img6695q.jpg   Humvee M988 I.E.D at 1:50-img6717df.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That looks great! What a way to introduce your skills. I really like the extras you added like the fuel cans and I think a cooler? Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Yep.... great entrance to our forum {welcome} Great build you have there, congratulations on a job well done
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I had downloaded this model (Papercraft and Papermodel: Humvee M988 I.E.D Papercraft) a few days ago when it hit the blogs, but haven't built it yet.

You did an excellent job on this. If I have any questions, I may be PMing you ... LOL
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
That looks great! What a way to introduce your skills. I really like the extras you added like the fuel cans and I think a cooler? Thanks for sharing!
Thanks willygoat, appreciate it! yes that is cooler box. The box that people will bring to store their cool drinks when they are going to picnic at the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
Yep.... great entrance to our forum {welcome} Great build you have there, congratulations on a job well done
Thanks peter taft! i will learn a lot In this forum.. so many good designer and builder here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I had downloaded this model (Papercraft and Papermodel: Humvee M988 I.E.D Papercraft) a few days ago when it hit the blogs, but haven't built it yet.

You did an excellent job on this. If I have any questions, I may be PMing you ... LOL
yes please, i made an odd design for the suspension, it gave me hard time though.. I hope you can go thorugh it

so sorry for my english anyway..
Google Adsense

Tags
humvee, mypapermodel, paper model, papercraft