PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car

I stated this build on a new forum that I surfed into that was having a group build on "Evolution of War" From World War I to 1939Anything from this timeline , The Great War to The Spanish Civil War & anything between . My in progress pics are here...

1/25 BA-6 Russian Armoured Car "late 1930's"

The group is mostly plastic/armoured modelers, but they were receptive on allowing cardmodels that were on-topic. Impressed enough by the details in the BA-6, that they wouldn't mine seeing some others postings. Now I know that there are of a lot of Armour/military vehicles modelers out there that are doing a lot better work than anything I'm showing (Johnny & Jim Nunn pop into my mind). So if your so inclined, find a suitable topic and post one of your projects. The group build I'm in is closed for entries, but you can post away in other catagories. The forum is quite friendly, and I'm slowly doing my best to lead a few over to the dark side

The forum URL is...

Free forum : Tanks & Things

Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
That's a great looking build of the BA-6 - certainly impressing the "tanksandthings" plastic modelers.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 03-21-2009, 03:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Peter,
An inspiring build. Its motivating me to start my 1943 Studebaker/BM13 rocket launcher.

I have a question on how you are doing your lug nuts. How do you keep them from delaminating when you cut them out. I tried making lug nuts for another paper truck and must have cut out only one successful lug nut for every 5 or so I attempted. The rest delaminated into little slivers of paper. Even after completed, the good ones had a tendency to come apart once attached to the model. All in all a rather frustrating experience.

Thanks,
Phil
Old 03-21-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbirner View Post
Peter,
An inspiring build. Its motivating me to start my 1943 Studebaker/BM13 rocket launcher.

I have a question on how you are doing your lug nuts. How do you keep them from delaminating when you cut them out. I tried making lug nuts for another paper truck and must have cut out only one successful lug nut for every 5 or so I attempted. The rest delaminated into little slivers of paper. Even after completed, the good ones had a tendency to come apart once attached to the model. All in all a rather frustrating experience.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil.. Thanks for the comments. What I did this time and it helped a little, was to coat the back side with some CA before cutting them out and it helps keep them sort of together, though I still had a couple that started to de-laminate. Once I have them on, I gave them a thin coating of a watered down white glue to kind of hold them together. Seems to be working.

You got me thinking, and I think the next time I have to back them up on thicker stock, I'm going to glue to regular paper, repeat that step until I have the right thickness.. can't be any worse than what I have been doing, and I think it'll help because we would have glue in between each layer..

Great question.. would be cool to have some more input on other ideas..

At the moment I'm drooling over the post by WAK of their new US releases...
Old 03-21-2009, 06:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Too cool! I have done a couple of armored cars in 1:72 scale but they are quite simple next to this!
Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Really nice work there, Peter.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Peter,

I jumped over to the other forum and looked at your built, very nice work. I think you should show it over here, your pastel chalk work is superb. I don’t use chalk but after looking at your added weathering I’m going to open the box I have and give it try.

Jim Nunn
Old 03-22-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nunn View Post
Peter,

I jumped over to the other forum and looked at your built, very nice work. I think you should show it over here, your pastel chalk work is superb. I don’t use chalk but after looking at your added weathering I’m going to open the box I have and give it try.

Jim Nunn
Hi Jim... I like the chalk because I feel I have a lot more control with the shading and blending.. I like how I can apply it in an area, and then with a soft brush fade it on out to where it disappears into the surrounding color..

Here's some pics of the model and the build so far..
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun57005.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-dsc02708.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-dsc03743.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-dsc03745.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-dsc03767.jpg  

Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 PM

More showing part of the motor and the front wheel drums..
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun60-005.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun60-006.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun62-001.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun62-002.jpg  
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM

rear wheels & drum

And here's where I'm at up to today.. One set of rear wheels & drum. I'll go on to something else, and then another set of these. keeps me from getting burned out on the repetition of the same assembly. All weathering and wear is from pastel chalks and pencils.. So far no major problems that haven't been of my own making. The diagrams are well thought out IMO, and I have clearly shown how things are suppose to go (at least to this point)..
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun63-005.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun63-002.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun63-003.jpg   Modelik BA-6 Russian Armoured Car-sun63-004.jpg  
Google Adsense