PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A

I downloaded this kit designed by Pablo Martin a couple of years ago. The first 5 pages of the file contain really nice photographic build instructions, and the fifth page contains the parts, which had obviously been drawn by hand using pencil and ruler. The parts were then tinted with colored pencils. Needless to say, I was a bit put off at the appearance of the parts, and moved on.

A couple of weeks ago, I opened the file again and decided to attempt to build it. I redrew and recolored all the parts using Photoshop before beginning. Much to my surprise, it went together exceptionally well - better, in fact, than some computer generated models that I've built. Kudos to Pablo.

The file is hosted at the Landships II site, and after I spent the time to recolor my file, I discovered that I had been beaten to the punch - there are already 3 really nice recolors of this model ready for download there. Ah well, I enjoyed the recolor exercise, and I'm partial to mine anyway.

Only four of these 1926 Spanish designed tanks were built. They were armed with three 7mm Hotchkiss machine guns. The turret was a strange one, consisting of two independently rotating rings, each with its own machine gun. The third gun was placed in the forward hull. A tall observation tower on top of the turret adds to the weirdness. I displayed the model on a brick ramp, such as might be seen at an outdoor armor museum.

On to the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-trubia1.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-trubia2.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-trubia3.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-trubia4.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-trubia5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
That is an odd-looking tank, especially with the observation tower capping things off. I like your build of it though; it presents the tank in the best possible light.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:02 AM

Thank you for your comment, Elliot. I'm actually very happy with the way this model turned out.

Looking back over the post I see that it could have been better worded so here goes. What I was trying to say is that the tank is an odd subject especially when compared with "normal" armor builds. That is not intended to take away from the great build and assembly that you did. Ray is right, you should be proud of your work. It is very well done. If I caused offense by my remarks I apologize.

Last edited by elliott; 10-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:52 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
...I'm actually very happy with the way this model turned out.
As well you should be Don. Nicely done!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 10-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.62 MB
Wow! How on earth could I happen to miss my own design so superbly improved! Well, first of all thank you Rockpaperscissor for your kind compliments to my "orthopedic" design.
In fact, being the ugly duckling of my own collection, I begun to work on a digital redrawing of my own model - together with a new design of myself: the Renault NC tank- to join one of the Trubias redesigned by JM López Bea (also available at Landships) only to find this same evening that the job had been done two years ago!
I would love to add your wonderful remastering of my design to my collection Maquetas y modelismo en papel - Landships! Máquinas infernales en 1/72 - Vehiculos militares
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-nc27_d1_retocado_b_n_24b.bmp_pic.png   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-o3_completo_b_n.bmp_pic.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2017, 03:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post

Only four of these 1926 Spanish designed tanks were built. They were armed with three 7mm Hotchkiss machine guns. The turret was a strange one, consisting of two independently rotating rings, each with its own machine gun. The third gun was placed in the forward hull. A tall observation tower on top of the turret adds to the weirdness.

There was a good reason for the stacked turret - the original FT was considered to be undergunned with only a single machine gun. The reasoning was that the FT would become useless if its single gun jammed or failed. The idea in the Trubia was to be able to swing another machine gun into action immediately. I think the tall observation cupola was forced on the designers because the turret was quite shallow and it may have been an emulation of the FCM stroboscopic cupolas without the stroboscopic mechanism.
There is an article on the Trubias on Landships II - it's a tank which is hardly known at all outside Spain. Landships II

One of the Russian designers - Sergei Kamotsky (Robototehnik) - has a 1:35 free model of the Trubia Naval - to find out what that was you'll have to read the article.https://vk.com/robototehnikpaper?z=p...3134_201381877

Charlie
Old 10-06-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
One of the Russian designers - Sergei Kamotsky (Robototehnik) - has a 1:35 free model of the Trubia Naval - to find out what that was you'll have to read the article.https://vk.com/robototehnikpaper?z=p...3134_201381877

Charlie
I added that one to my collection as well, of course, down-scaled to 1/72.
Also, for those with limited computer editing abilities -like myself- don't disregard pencil coloring of "white" models (when available), sometimes results may be rewarding.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2179.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2180.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2173.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2176.jpg  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:08 PM

It's always a pleasure to see an old thread resurrected. Many thanks for your comments, Pablo and Charlie.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:31 AM

Rockpaperscissor's repainted Trubia successfully added to my collection.
Improvement is clearly appreciated in the last two pictures, where my original design stands side by side with the repainted version.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2838.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2835.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2834.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2849.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2850.jpg  

Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 AM

And here is the whole set of Trubias:
To the left is Jesús López's repaint (in hypothetical nationalist livery), center is Robototehknik's Trubia Naval, and right Rockpaperscissor's.
Attached Thumbnails
1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2846.jpg   1/72 Trubia 75HP Serie A-dscf2848.jpg  
Google Adsense