PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
good work on the wheels

Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
You really like to "torture" yourself with those details, don't you ? Very nicely done - wish I had the time for this ...

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-16-2016, 05:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
You really like to "torture" yourself with those details, don't you ? Very nicely done - wish I had the time for this ...

Cheers,
Erik
Every time I want to start something "simple" and "quick" and end doing those Guess once you start doing over detailed model you can't really go back to something more simple... and ok, mine end like a mess

Started the 75mm. Not the part I liked the most. The all shape - and the width - resolve around the inner part. Lot of issues with the front "plate". I have to cut and reshape it close to 1mm in order to get it fit. Then I decided to glue the side, and finally to fold around it. I added 2 strips of cardboard in order to align the side with the inner.
Works still in progress, after taking pictures with the flash there's some obvious "step" to reshape, already unglued a few, will try to correct this, and if I fail, well there 2 more spare parts

Also did some little add there and there. I will add bold and nut all around it - some work but would be a shame not doing it - I don't have enough, that's on order, should get this in the middle of next week. Meanwhile, I have resumed work on the jagdpanther
Attached Thumbnails
Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_5845_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_5848_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_5862_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_5909_1.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 03:47 AM

I would like to say that you are doing great job and thanks to take this model on your table.

I tried to design this model to be as close as possible to original tank and on the end I made so complex model. 75mm gun armor protection, turret and commander’s cupola are most complicated parts of this tank and solution what you see I got after long weeks of work and after tens of attempts. Several times I hang up the work on this project because I could not find a good solution for those three parts. I needed until nearly three years to complete this model.

I know that these portions of the plates are very complicated. That is why I put up three copies of the publication. If someone breaks one he will be able to use a second copy. I hope that this will help to complete this model.

Good luck and best regards
Michal
Old 01-21-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafalsk View Post
I would like to say that you are doing great job and thanks to take this model on your table.

I tried to design this model to be as close as possible to original tank and on the end I made so complex model. 75mm gun armor protection, turret and commander’s cupola are most complicated parts of this tank and solution what you see I got after long weeks of work and after tens of attempts. Several times I hang up the work on this project because I could not find a good solution for those three parts. I needed until nearly three years to complete this model.

I know that these portions of the plates are very complicated. That is why I put up three copies of the publication. If someone breaks one he will be able to use a second copy. I hope that this will help to complete this model.

Good luck and best regards
Michal
I Michal, thanks for your compliments.
When I start a model l spend few days, even weeks on it before starting a thread - or not !. I think it would be unfair to the modeller to "shoot down" a kit I'm the one not able to do it right (and there's a few !), this mean I do like your model and I will finish it (eventually ) So It's more advises to future builds than complains .
Looking at the 75mm I was a little concern (from previous experience) but it actually got quite well, fit perfectly - beside the mistake I made, I should have fold in a sequence.

This is the kind of highly detailed kit I'm working on it really slowly to do it right

For the spare parts, that a premium add to your kit.

bye
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2016, 05:59 PM

this sunday worked few hours on the b1bis.
Already working on the road wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_6140_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_6141_1.jpg  
Old 10-21-2016, 06:44 AM

hi,
After a long break I'm back to the forum and I'm resuming working on this one, here the work of the last weeks...

First job, finishing the part on the side like locks and doors, then adding rivet and bolt.

The track. 32 road wheels, since I'm going to paint over, I'm building them from scratch. Made few tools to punch hole in centre and made symmetrical assembly...

Next time, it should have its legs

bye
Attached Thumbnails
Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7133_1_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7138_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7139_1.jpg  
Old 10-21-2016, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
welcome back

really great work!! looking forward to the rest
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 AM

After months it finally has its tracks!

No real work from me, that resin ; hard to get, expensive but worth it. You definitively can get the same level of detail by "hand", and that 126 links to make (12 parts each, have fun...).
Gmp offer some laser cut ; of course not as best as resin but with a little work (papersand) it could be good too.
Note I had few "broken" (as you can see), I managed to put them in not visible place but it's a little upsetting.

I also started dusting a little bit the model

A picture of the support, last chance to see them because when in place they can't be seen.

The bumper. I'm making a little correction, that section is too big, now it fit perfectly.

bye.
Attached Thumbnails
Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7147_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7150_1.jpg   Wak - b1bis - 1.25-img_7153_1.jpg  
Old 10-25-2016, 10:46 AM

Nice work, perfect tracks.

Tags
parts, kit, cut, wak, laser, tracks, frame, orel, build, provide, pages, resin, paper, track, spare, lot, finally, good, nice, complex, full, instruction, detail, difficult, cardboard