PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 09-03-2016, 09:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
The DUKW and other amphibians have always been interesting. And I just plain like its shape.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Is it work or playing all day?

I have a client who wanted me to make the 1/144 th scale Laser Tech miniature firehouse kit. The photo from the company shows a 1:160 scale fire truck, which looks really small.

Anyways, I looked up some paper models and found quite a few. I settled on these two fire engines, a ladder truck and a pumper. I printed out some beds for the firemen on the second floor too. The diorama is all enclosed in an acrylic case.

Patterns for the firetrucks are in CAD and these are an Alpha build. Working on improved ones for my collection.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-1.jpg   What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-2.jpg   What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-3.jpg   What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-7.jpg   What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-6.jpg  

What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-5.jpg   What's on my cutting board-fire-engines-4.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good project, Jeff, and very nice fire engines. Do I understand that the 1/144 ladder truck has a working ladder?

Don
Old 04-07-2017, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good. Any plans to include the fire company number and logo on the engines?
Old 04-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Thanks for stopping by.

Don: the ladder extension needs more thought to make it actually extend. May be sliding in a channel and needs sides like the bottom half. Also same problem like my dodge ambulance the hinge pin, a floral wire causes the ladder to fall too easily. On the beta build for me I'll try a rolled paper tube, it might have more resistance in the pivot point.

ScetoAux: My client asked the same question when I had finished the firehouse. We didn't come to a conclusion on to a number or what community/state in the U.S. the firehouse was supposed to be in.

I'm going to focus on the ladder truck and make some changes because the original patterns on the internet are an artistic rendition of the real La france fire engine it is patterned off of.

The pumper fire truck is typical of the 1950's and my brother had a Tonka toy one, which is in our garage someplace. The original box it came in is still in the front hall closet holding other important things. It's amazing what old toys can go for if it's in mint condition on Ebay.
Google Adsense
Old 04-17-2017, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
That's a very pretty and detailed ambulance.