PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-25-2018, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Another S-51 SPG

Another take on the WoT S-51 SPG. There are a number of ways the WoT model can be improved so I'll just document my changes to the model.

The model colour is grey - which doesn't seem right for WW2 Russian armour. I pulled the parts sheets out of the .pdf and did a colour change to green but retained the weathering.

The model of the gun barrel is designed as stacked cylinders. I've never been impressed with this so rebuilt the barrel as a rollup design on a 4mm mandrel. The cradle part of the gun barrel is a cylinder so I just slotted the barrel into it. Some small changes - the elevation gearbox at the front of the recoil cylinder is represented by a single thickness of card - I gave it thickness and a drive axle. This gearbox alters the recoil distance as a function of the elevation so the gun breech doesn't strike the ground at high elevations.

Regards,

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
Another S-51 SPG-s_51_1.jpg   Another S-51 SPG-s_51_2.jpg   Another S-51 SPG-s_51_3.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2018, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Excellent. The improvements look very good. The color looks great, I notice that I use the short barrel, the well, the gear box. Great job Charlie, greetings.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Brilliant, great result.