PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Thanks for sharing your methods of packing/jigging things on tank running gear DJE.
Haven't got to actually assemble my wheels yet but your posts will help me when I do :D
Old 04-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Few progress, almost there !

finished the turret with the radio antenna.
I made a template to form the 1mm rod but it didn't work as expected; the rod behave as a string, so at last thumb and palm that's what worked the best !
There's not much information on placement, so I fixed the 5 supports, glued the 5 attach "loose" on the antenna and tried to adjust as best as possible. That's not perfect but let's don't poke the bear
machine gun is metal barrel and laser cut so credit to hobby model

Added some more rivet, mostly on the lock, problem with those things is like renovation on the house. Once you're done with a room, you realize you have to do the others...

Tracks didn't go as expected neither : glueing each link, then assemble as a a chain, bad idea. Needle is to wide, I try with 0.5mm coper but it's to smooth, the link bend/torque. I stopped and will have to glue each one on the model, so I added the rollers, final assembly is going to be fun

bye
Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
Really great work Dje!!
Old 04-16-2017, 10:09 AM

Looking good dje.
Did you cut rivets yourself or buy a pack or something. They are a big job but they have a great effect.
Interesting about the track links. I had wondered how laser cut blocks should be assembled.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.04 MB
hirondelle,
If I am right, the kit includes rivets. But I am not 100% sure.

Fantastic job! Are you going to make any base for this model?

Lukas
Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TP View Post
hirondelle,
If I am right, the kit includes rivets. But I am not 100% sure.
Thanks for the info 7TP.
I have some tiny elements to do on my build.
I'm wondering about the best way to cut such small pieces out. Hexagonal bolt heads would also be quite tricky at this scale, but maybe easier than circular rivets.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 AM

hi guys,
still working on the track, paint is done, now time to glue them. Mostly one by one because making a chain didn't work as expected. I'm re-cutting some part (axes) too to end the missing wheel.
So it's long and painful.

Bold are included in the kit - really great quality -, some rivet too, though I used mine. If you indeed think adding rivet/bolt for the wheel you will need more set.

@hirondelle, I think you better buy some bolt/rivet set. That's indeed expensive but result is much better than trying to cut it by hand, not even including the time you will spend.

@7tp no base, no diorama, just in my showcase, its place already reserved
Old 04-28-2017, 07:42 AM

Yes dje there is too little time & too many models! I already have about 2 life-times worth
I would like to make a punch to make bolt heads/nuts, it must be possible. It is very small work at this scale, I will ask a friend who works with metal & see what he says.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:13 PM

sneak pick to the final model, tracks done,almost done

Remaining wheels. They made from 3 parts, external wheel, a long axis an internal wheel that glue "as it" on the axis. Didn't like that solution. I made an inner between both wheels from 4 1mm cardboard circle. I made new axis, shorten to 5mm.

Track. not my best work.
first, the lasercut are great, one of the best I see, no problem here, plus there's 20 more links just in case.
Initial idea was : build each link, link to each other as 2 chains, airbrush, add to model...
While linking, the chain twists. I decided to pain each link and to glue one by one on the model. The good new, cut is so tight that after painting most of them fit without glue ! the bad new it's make some link no fit at all to each other and really difficult to add the upper part. And finally the worst, either the chain don't close, or with one more link it's a little to loose (what's I had to do). Usually I would "play" with the read idler but I had to glue them before...

Few minor parts to add, Final shoot on my next post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:14 PM

and finally :

Google Adsense

Tags
chi-ha, modelhobby, typ 97