PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-29-2017, 03:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
You may have had problems with the instructions, but you've obviously got the skill to rise to the challenge - superb result.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Absolutely beautiful. In a way a pity you didn't go for the extras but I can imagine they will drive you to the limits of sanity. Your model reminds me of the Tamiya halftrack I built as a teenager, full with equipment and some 10 soldiers inside. Good luck with the display!

Erik
Old 03-29-2017, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Hetzer,

You did an excellent job on this model. I agree there are many issues and the model is a challenge that you managed to overcome. I tried to build it a year ago and finally gave up. It was honestly a relief to put it in the trash can.

My hat is off to you for persevering.

Well done.

Paul
Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Beautiful job!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Well done indeed.
Google Adsense
Old 03-29-2017, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
thanks guys! glad you all like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpgeygolpher View Post

It was honestly a relief to put it in the trash can.
finishing was a relief for me too, but as said before - it was a must do build. could not stop half way through despite problems started at the very beginning.... also I cant leave project half done - would bug me for eternity! XD

also, day after I finished the model, my Mrs comes to my "toy-boy room" or a man cave, checks it out and says: why is it so clean? have not seen it like that for a long time.... reply: the model is finished... had nothing to do XD

Cheers!
Old 03-30-2017, 04:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
That is brilliant, nicely done Sir.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
I did this one some years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't remember problems with the manual. But I have to admit, yours is a lot better than mine .
M3A1 Half Track, Modelik-dsc01290-medium-.jpg
Old 03-30-2017, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
Hetzer,
Great job on this model. I've been studying your model for clues in helping build the C4P. I like the wiring job you did on the engine distributor cap. I may steal that idea, if you don't mind. As you say, the instructions in some of these models are lacking, to say the least, but it also gives one a certain sense of freedom in deciding how things go together.

A request: Do you have a build thread for this model? If not, would you consider doing one on your next model? It would be a pleasure to learn from an experienced builder.

Phil
Old 03-30-2017, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
abhovi - I received this model to test it, fitting & instructions that included text description (SIC!) so all components were inspected and marked off. there were many problems.... also it had to be kept in standard colors so no painting but the edges. was not easy! that slowed building a lot.

I decided to omit certain details - like these ladders at sides you've done - inspected many pics of M3A1 vehicles and found many differences with these components. bars, rails, ladders, blank flanks etc...

It is not easy model to build have to admit. especially in standard. but as proven by you too, it can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjabraham View Post

I like the wiring job you did on the engine distributor cap. I may steal that idea, if you don't mind.

A request: Do you have a build thread for this model? If not, would you consider doing one on your next model? It would be a pleasure to learn from an experienced builder
Not a problem. I think I used fishing rod string - was a little bit too rigid, my second choice was copper wire what I would recommend. Super glue does work well here - I used accelerator in spray to quicken the bond.

As for building report - heres the link to my blog, where you can find all of my models including card stuff & building reports - just browse by name at top list.

Mike's Modeling: M3A1 HALF TRACK #1

In case of any questions regarding techniques I use - feel free to ask either here, on my blog or PM me if necessary, or tag me somehow at the forum if it is possible, I am following closely your c4p build anyway

The sense of freedom is good, but if the instruction does not explain how to fold or shape bloody component and its not even shown on assembly diagrams being awkward triangular - box like shape, that has to have steering column going through it & pedals in drivers cabin, it becomes a problem and causes grinding my gears :P

Cheers!
Google Adsense