PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 06-01-2017, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
T-22 tg 1:50

This has been lying unfinished for a while so I thought I'd get it done before a new project. The model design is by Sergey Kamotsky and is in 1:50 scale.

The TG or Tank Grotte (T-22) was designed by a team lead by the German tank designer Edvard Grotte who had been employed by the Soviet Government to design modern armoured vehicles. The T-22 was produced in 1931 and proved to be a competent vehicle. However, given the very advanced design and the cost and complexity of the vehicle the government decided not to proceed to production. The tank had a pneumatic suspension and stroboscopic cupola. It was intended that the lower part of the turret with the 76mm gun would rotate but this proved to be too difficult to accomplish.

The model isn't an easy build - the instructions are pretty minimal so it takes quite of bit of experimenting to figure out how the parts fit together. I think the hull is way too floppy and should be reinforced. I replaced all the impractical rolled paper axles with bamboo skewers sanded down to the right diameters.

Regards,

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
T-22 tg 1:50-tg_1.jpg   T-22 tg 1:50-tg_2.jpg   T-22 tg 1:50-tg_3.jpg   T-22 tg 1:50-tg_4.jpg  

Last edited by CharlieC; 06-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Nice work, Charlie. I must agree about Sergey's instructions...while putting together the railgun, I ran across a couple of places where key parts were not called out in the instructions and often required some educated guessing as to how to fold the pieces. His kits have excellent fit, but require some experience on the part of the builder.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
An interesting tank, about which I knew nothing.

Don