PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 12-26-2017, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Saw this a while ago.
Its a nice model...the big scale makes it very impressive.
But I thought it was way too simplified and lacking details for such large scale.
...maybe it was intended that way though.
Might not appeal to a real Tank modeller,
but should impress anyone who just wants to build big scale paper.

$45 gets you a PDF? No thanks.

what does that mean "you're lipping!"? never heard that before.
Hi Airdave, yes it was intended to be simple bacause it was a commissioned project and I had only 3 months time to complete it. So, I had given clear instructions to Julius to design it in a way so that I should be able to complete it in a given time.

Believe me, I wanted to add hatches and levers and other detailing but the deadline had to be kept in mind, however I still managed to add some detailing if you look at the model closely. We added mud texture to the entire tank but I guess it's not very clear in the pictures, if you see the tyres closely, you'll see those graphics.

BTW, it did take me quite a lot of time to cut the parts out of 223 A3 sheets and making something of this size was new for me. It was a very challenging project but it was great fun and the kit came out to be absolute flawless (that's why I gave it to Julius to design)

Most challenging bit was that I have a 1 year old daughter at home and a small room where I enjoy my hobby so space was a big issue and therefore, I didn't want to keep the model with me for long.

1 day after the model was completed, I exhibited it new Delhi for people to see it in person and to get introduced with Paper Modeling (it's a very new thing and I don't know many people in my country who actually know about Paper Modeling) and THAT IS WHY I made sure to document the build each day and post as many pictures on facebook as possible. Some may consider it "spamming the internet" but believe me the intention was to make people aware about paper modeling (I delivered a TEDx Talk for this sole purpose - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpMx1VDeG58&t=579s).

You probably would have already seen this video multiple times on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PaperModelG...0203645739170/) because a lot of pages shared it on their page and it managed to get 270K views organically and more than 3K shares. But think about it, this video has inspired many kids and students to try paper modeling and explore what all could be done in this domain. It only helped raising awareness about paper modeling amongst the masses and I am PROUD OF IT.

PRICE: I think you guys are right, I will reduce the price to USD 30 by EOD Today on my Etsy shop. Also, thanks for suggesting changes on FAQ's, I think it's not fair to ask for royalty if someone sells a completed model (I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that part), I'll change that too.

Someone here suggested to install it on their dining table LOL. Well, believe me, if my wife agrees to it, I will make it all over again and install it on our dining table haha but I know that's not going to happen even in any of the parallell universe too.

@Hetzer: Dude, I love to document and market what I do. I'd suggest you to read the text on my image posts on facebook too, I provide statistics and my feelings and the build progress in a fun way so that people want to read it and wait for the upcoming posts. I strongly believe that is an efficient way to raise awareness about this relatively not so mainstream form of art and craftsmanship (at least in my country).

I love hearing from you guys, please do provide your feedback and I shall come back with another kickass project in the near future.

Love,
Atamjeet Singh Bawa (Paper Model Guru)
Old 12-27-2017, 02:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Found this YouTube video about it, https://youtu.be/_UyQNj_zwn4
Quote:
Paper Model Guru
Published on Jun 15, 2017
Year 1995ish, it was a bright sunny day of winters and I was traveling to Amritsar via a train with my uncle and I was sitting next to the window enjoying the view. We were just a few Kms away from Amritsar (Punjab) and we couldn't wait to reach home after the long tiring journey. The train made an unscheduled stop somewhere outside the Jalandhar Army Cantonment and everybody on the train went bonkers. Everyone was irritated but not me! I couldn't stop myself from thanking the Godly train driver to have stopped us at a dream location that I could only have dreamt of. For the first time in my life, I saw my dream machines - Army Tanks, running & roaring wildly and that was THE BEST MOMENT of my life. And suddenly there was a sense of silence in the train because who the hell doesn't like to watch Tanks? I just didn't want the train to move and luckily for me, I could enjoy that view for more than 15 min and all my tiredness was gone and I felt on the top of the world. That sight gave birth to a new distant dream. I now wanted to ride a tank and go inside it to see how it works and may be bring it home and install it at my terrace at my home in Amritsar.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Rather pointless as a model, building, storing and anything else you might want to mention. Just too big.