PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 08-08-2017, 07:25 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
SD Jagdpanther

I've been intending to build one of these little super deformed tanks for years, and I finally got around to it. This Jagdpanther started out as a white model with some kind of grey, stylized cat faces on the sides. That wouldn't do at all, so I recolored it with an ambush camouflage pattern that I found on the interwebs. The simple tracks were replaced with more detailed ones from another model that I sized to fit. I also layered the hatches, etc with doubled card and/or 0.5 and 1.0mm cardboard.

The model was a pleasure to build, and all the parts fit perfectly. I referenced the development side of the Pepakura screen frequently to make sure all the parts were assembled and placed correctly.

I can definitely see myself recoloring and building more of these for myself - lots of fun in a little package.
Attached Thumbnails
SD Jagdpanther-0808170857.jpg   SD Jagdpanther-0808170859.jpg   SD Jagdpanther-0808170859a.jpg   SD Jagdpanther-0808170859b.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A funny little tank, built with your usual skill, Don.

Don, too.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Nice looking little tank.
Make a bunch and use them in a hex-square game.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 AM

Thanks, fellas. There's an SD M3 Lee that I have my eye on. I want to recolor it as Lulubelle from Sahara. If I can find a caricature of Bogart, I'd mount them both to a base with desert groundwork.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Hi Don,
You've built my favorite piece of armor (the non-SD variety, at least ). Pretty texture, and very recognizable, down to the storage bins.
Is it a Tonton model? IIRC the Nekocraft site (‚Ë‚±‚*‚ç‚Ó‚Æ) used to host several of them, but nowadays apparently only airplanes are available there.Some models are still stored at the Pepakura gallery, I guess.
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2017, 06:44 AM

I love the look of the Jagdpanther, too. I believe I downloaded it (and most of the other SD tanks) from the Nekocraft site years ago. Pepakura also has some, but unless there is a way to search for them that I'm not aware of, you have to scroll through pages of gallery models to find them.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Pepakura also has some, but unless there is a way to search for them that I'm not aware of, you have to scroll through pages of gallery models to find them.
You're right, it looks like the Search functionality of the English site is broken, it returns no results. But the Japanese version seems ok, go figure. Anyway, try:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura/gallery/list.php

and in the white input box under the blue label "キーワード", type (or, rather, paste) "とんとん" (Tonton), then click the button just on the right. Right now it returned an Italian CV 35, a Japanese Chi-ha, a Tiger I, the JPanther, and a few others not in the Nekocraft site; for instance, a cool (AFAIK fictional) fighter apparently resulting from the illicit love between a X-Wing and a VariEze.

P.S. is it just me, or the link is rendered like gibberish with a lot of yen currency symbols?

Last edited by rickstef; 08-09-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Comment on how URL links appear
Old 08-09-2017, 07:54 PM

Oh, and speaking of SD tanks, search for "R-impulse', and "ろうばしん"
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Carlos,

When you post a comment or thread using the advance button, you can select a setting below the main editing window, by default it is set to parse the links, unselect that box, and the links will display like they will in your browser bar

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
...by default it is set to parse the links...
Thanks Rick, I'll try that next time.
But what's the effect of parsing links? Showing a site preview, like in Slack and similar apps? If so, it didn't work for me, and IMHO raw links are safer and more helpful (especially with long links, when hovering with the mouse can't show them entirely).
Attached Thumbnails
SD Jagdpanther-pmsshot.jpg  
Google Adsense