PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 11-08-2017, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Hello to all and thanks for your comments. Work is now complete on the barrel and slide, the small parts proving a bit tricky for me. However, patience and perseverance won the day. There are some small folds to be done on parts 4 and 9, but these can be accomplished with fine tweezers. My build is in the travelling mode so I will have to build the tractor to tow it Proving to be up to Wayne's excellent standards.

Stay tuned.

Bernie
Attached Thumbnails
New Waynmac Beta-20171108_125243.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-20171108_125307.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-20171108_125409.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Looks very good so far.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Bernie, great work on those small details. You're quite right about parts 4(a&b) and 9(d&e) being tricky. I did those today and while the number 4 parts came out okay, the number 9 parts did not. I have reprinted those parts on thinner paper. I will back the thin paper with strips of regular card stock to see if that works better. The first attachment shows a portion of the instruction diagram in case anyone is wondering what those parts look like.

With all those small details, it's pretty easy to miss one. I think that you might have missed part 7m. It's a rod that goes on part 7c. I have attached a portion of one of the instruction diagrams and a parts sheet for reference. For my build I took a short length of 0.5 mm music wire to reinforce the part and to help secure it in place.

I hope that this feedback is helpful,

Curt
Attached Thumbnails
New Waynmac Beta-tray.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-7-m-part.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-7-m.jpg  
Old 11-09-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
Bernie, great work on those small details. You're quite right about parts 4(a&b) and 9(d&e) being tricky. I did those today and while the number 4 parts came out okay, the number 9 parts did not. I have reprinted those parts on thinner paper. I will back the thin paper with strips of regular card stock to see if that works better. The first attachment shows a portion of the instruction diagram in case anyone is wondering what those parts look like.

With all those small details, it's pretty easy to miss one. I think that you might have missed part 7m. It's a rod that goes on part 7c. I have attached a portion of one of the instruction diagrams and a parts sheet for reference. For my build I took a short length of 0.5 mm music wire to reinforce the part and to help secure it in place.

I hope that this feedback is helpful,

Curt
Thanks Curt, parts 4 and 9 were printed on 160 gsm, but would use 120 gsm for any subsequent builds.

I lost part 7m, so I will just replace with a piece of fine rod.

All the best and happy modelling.

Bernie
Old 11-16-2017, 05:19 AM

Hello all,

just finishing off the gun cradle sub-assemblies. These went together without a hitch and the pedestal literally fell together. To hide my uneven cutting of the interior parts here, I applied a light watercolour wash to give some shading etc. I have also noticed from these photos some white areas that need touching up, these were not apparent until the flash photos!

I have opted to leave the hand wheels and fine parts off until final assembly, to prevent these getting knocked off and lost.

Stay tooned.

Bernie
Attached Thumbnails
New Waynmac Beta-20171116_110140.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-20171116_110155.jpg   New Waynmac Beta-20171116_110208.jpg  
Google Adsense