PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.22 MB
Israeli M3

Another model added to my bucket list! The Israeli M3 was quite challenging, although it looks like a boxy simple build...the track and wheels being what they are made a modular approach essential (unlike tank models where you can add the wheels to the hull sides) So the two sides were built ,and the tracks added (managed to add exhaust pipe and a spring suspension) the decals are home printed ...the 50 cal MG is not ready yet so are two bars on the sides...the jerry cans are resin (did not make the as I intend to build A Sahariana with its 20 jerry cans so borrowing some is not so bad!) The main problem with AFVs this scale is the tracks and wheels...I use gross grain , cross stitch or sampler material and tailors elastic band, the wheels are usually built up buttons! I added my track and headlight sources to show the variety of unusual stuff which goes into my models!!
Attached Thumbnails
Israeli M3-israeli-m3-.jpg   Israeli M3-israeli-m3-b.jpg   Israeli M3-sources.jpg  

Last edited by adamaia; 10-27-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: double picture
Google Adsense
Old 10-27-2017, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.42 GB
Clean looking build well done, I like anything from the IDF
Old 10-28-2017, 09:31 AM

Israeli M3

Thanks fleetsailor, an M113 will follow soon, then an AMX, An M109 an Isherman a Centurion and an M60 . That will conclude my bucket list of Israeli AFVs. The color by Modelmaster is not very accurate when matched with original paint chips...it is quite easy to come up with the original color..yellow and grey basically.. I did not do it by ration I just mixed until the correct color showed. I airbrush my models so I have a decent quantity of that color. Cheers.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 PM

The finished M3 , side rails and a couple of jerry cans, some weathering, The 50 cal is still in the works!
Attached Thumbnails
Israeli M3-img_2771.jpg