PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 11-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurE View Post
great that means this canon could be declined in numerous other type and different carriage
There was really only one major version of the 155mm GPF gun - the late 1930s modification to replace the wheels with 4 tires and hydraulic brakes which could be linked to the towing vehicle's brake system. This was known as the GPF-T (for Touzzard). This version served extensively with the Wehrmacht after the Fall of France.

Regards,

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
Another Beta Build of Wayne McCullough's 155 mm French WW1 Heavy Artillery Field Gun-155mm-gpft-german-coast-battery-greece-4lj-1.jpg  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Quote:
The model could also be the "155mm M1918 Gun" so long as you recoloured it Olive Drab.
Not much progress due to lots of yard work over the last couple of days. I do hope to take a few pics tomorrow. As for the OD version, I have thought about painting the model. It's good to know that there are options.

Curt
Old 11-17-2017, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
I managed to finish the gun cradle over the last few days. The attached photo shows the gun barrel dry fitted to the cradle in the deployed configuration.

In this configuration some of the interior parts are completely hidden which takes some of the pressure off of getting them totally correct.

While handling the gun barrel I managed to to detach the breach assembly from it. Then I noticed that part #7a has a center hole 3 mm in diameter that was supposed to be cut out. I think that the mandrel for the gun barrel is suppose to fit into that hole, or at least it would be a good idea for the mandrel to protrude about 2 or 3 mm from the butt end of the gun barrel so that it would fit into this hole both centering and securing this part. For now I simply re-glued the breach a bit more securely.

Next I think I'll take a look at the wheels and the axle assembly.

Curt
Attached Thumbnails
Another Beta Build of Wayne McCullough's 155 mm French WW1 Heavy Artillery Field Gun-002.jpg