PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 02-26-2018, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.61 MB
Fenders Etc

Found a bit of time over the weekend to continue work on Patton's M1A1. I put the fenders & associated bits on first, and then added the external oil filters/exhaust details on the rear of the tank.

The most difficult pieces I've encountered so far are the 2 crescent-ish shaped pieces that fit on lower front corners (first picture). I don't know if there is a specific name for these pieces, but they extend and round off the front corners to accommodate the front drive sprockets. I decided to get rid of the tabs-- the parts are just too tiny for the tabs to help much. I did double up the card for the 2 side pieces to give a little more surface for the glue to grab on to. Worked out well.

I think I'm done with the hull details for now, I'll add the guns and the final fine details (headlights, antenna) at the end of the build when they won't be in the way. Running gear will be next; I've been thinking a bit about how to bring out some of the details from the flat wheels and bogies. I'm still enjoying this build very much-- everything is going together well.
Attached Thumbnails
Patton's M1A1 (1941)-img_6893.jpg   Patton's M1A1 (1941)-img_6896.jpg   Patton's M1A1 (1941)-img_6894.jpg   Patton's M1A1 (1941)-img_6895.jpg