PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 03-20-2018, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale

Hello Everyone,

Just finished up the Famous PZ.KPFW.VI or Tiger 1 from World of Papertanks. This is a 1/50 scale which I had to reduce to 99% to make my printer not cut the edges off so really it is probably 1/51 scale. Thank you to Uncle Serg and his group for providing these great little models. This is my first armored vehicle build and I am pretty pleased with the results. This is also my first "finished" build in almost 18 months. I won't go into the history and lore of the Tiger as there are many who are far more knowledgeable on the subject than I. I enjoyed building this tank. It was simple enough for me, once translated the instructions, and I thought the rendering was exceptional and the kit gave options to detail spots. Thank you all for checking in and as always comments and suggestions are welcome.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-1.jpg   Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-2.jpg   Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-3.jpg   Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-4.jpg   Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-6.jpg  

Tiger 1 (WOPT) 1:50 Scale-tiger-5.jpg  
Old 03-20-2018, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Excellent construction, the armored in 1/50 I love and your work looks impeccable, a greeting
Old 03-20-2018, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Makes me want to put rockets on my P-47 and meet you in the sandbox! Really good job on that Tigger.
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 03-20-2018, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Thanks for the kind Words Vinalssergio and MichaelS. This was my first build in a long time where things went together like they are supposed to. Trying to decide if I build the King Tiger next or perhaps the Sherman......or maybe the Panzer III or IV....so many decisions.

Darren
Old 03-20-2018, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
Makes me want to put rockets on my P-47 and meet you in the sandbox! Really good job on that Tigger.
You know, it's weird that a few words spark a memory. 8 or 9 years old and my friend Nicholas who had an uncle who worked for Airfix. Nick had a Lancaster and his build skills were not quite up to it but as it was a flawed product with bubbles etc, it did not matter much. Just after Bonfire night (November 5th) Nick asked me to meet him after tea. Alan another friend was there too and Nick brought his bodged Lancaster out into the garden with two rockets, one under each wing and after careful placement in milk bottles, lit the blue touchpaper. It went off almost vertical and faster in our minds than the real thing. Boom, cue molten plastic over the gardens four or five houses each side (Mine included) and grounded for six weeks. Oh well it qualified for fun then.......
Google Adsense
Old 03-20-2018, 03:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Whichever you choose will be another magnificent model, it is difficult to decide, there are so many models and all are excellent, I also find it difficult to choose which one to follow after the M53 / 55 that I mount. A greeting.