PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-09-2018, 07:03 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Congrats on an excellent armor build. The wheels are very 3d looking with beautifully rendered highlights and shadows. A tip that I always bear in mind: for the best appearance, they should all be oriented the same way when mounted on the tank. Assume it's 12 noon and the sun is directly overhead when deciding how to mount them. It's distracting and unrealistic when the rendered highlights/shadows vary from wheel to wheel. Can't wait to see more.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Thank you very much Kevin and Don.The truth had not paid attention to the reflections, looking good now I notice parts with more or less light, I will keep in mind, thank you for your observation Don, very kind, this is the good thing about sharing the constructions, you always learn something new.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
well all I can say is wow good build well done so far
Old 04-09-2018, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Awesome work so far. It is looking great. I can't wait to see those tracks and wheels complete.
Darren
Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
A tip that I always bear in mind: for the best appearance, they should all be oriented the same way when mounted on the tank..
How right you are. I was about to point that issue regarding this otherwise excellent build, http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/617766-post5.html
Due to inconsistent orientation, some wheels look concave, some appear to be convex.
Google Adsense
Old 04-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Exactly cfuruti. The model is otherwise excellent, and it would be worth taking the time to make a correction: print a new set of wheel discs, cut them out, color the edges, and glue them on top of the existing wheel discs, being careful to orient the shadows/highlights in the same way. The wheels are concave, so there should be a shadow at the top and a highlight at the bottom. Conversely, the center hubs are convex, so there should be a highlight at the top and a shadow at the bottom.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:02 PM

Very nice guys for your comments and observations. Honestly if you did not tell me I would not have noticed that detail. Looking at the M53 / 55 is incredible as it changes as the wheels are oriented. It is already late for the M53 / 55, the Tiger will have better luck thanks to you, very kind for making me see this detail
Sergio.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:49 PM

I hate to go back to a model after it's finished, but in the case of your M53/M55 I encourage you to take the time to print and glue on new wheel faces. It will make a world of difference. The hull is expertly crafted.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM

I would like to correct that detail, the problem is that I install it in a diorama, I do not know if you have seen it, and I think that removing it is worse, because I had to paste it and "dirty" it to give it some muddy effect. I will try if I can remove it .I hope Tio Serg will forgive my mistake, his models are fabulous.Mil thanks for your advice Don, I appreciate your help, I would have made the same mistake with the Tiger.A warm greeting

Sergio
Old 04-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
.... Looking at the M53 / 55 is incredible as it changes as the wheels are oriented....
Sergio.
For some ambiguous images, once you discover an interpretation, or the interpretation is pointed to you, it becomes very hard seeing it the other way. Just two well-known examples are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crater_Illusion and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit...3duck_illusion
Google Adsense