PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-16-2018, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Hello Everyone,

Just a small update today on the Panzer IV. Was able to finish up the Turret and attach it to the hull. Here in central Minnesota we were blanketed by 16" of snow in a 36 hour period. Not what we wanted to see in mid april. Next up is the Track section.

Thanks for checking in.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer1.jpg   Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer2.jpg   Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer3.jpg   Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer4.jpg  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Fine job. Looks great.

I lived in St. Paul for 20 years and now live in the desert of Kuwait. I do NOT miss that snow....
Old 04-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
At least you've got your tank build to keep you going, with all that snow around you.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
I hope it does not complicate the weather, many people have a hard time with the low temperatures, you have seen how Europe and New York were recently. A greeting Darren, your panther looks excellent.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:17 PM

Hello Everyone,
14 days since my last update. What?!? I only have this to show for it? So I decided to go with the most detailed version of the track section of the kit. The 5 assembly's shown consisted of over 70 parts. Not difficult, just a lot of circle cutting, edge coloring, carpet monsters, me being dumb and not enough time. Not that I know what not to do, I can set up an assembly line style and hopefully the rest will come together quickly. Still like this kit and am excited to see how all these assemblies will look on the finished vehicle. Thank you everyone for checking in.

Darren

By the way, 2 weeks ago we had 16" of snow, today we had thunderstorms and it may hit 80 degrees F. I live in a crazy state.....
Attached Thumbnails
Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer5.jpg  
Old 04-30-2018, 02:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Looking really nice.

And I really think that the artwork on the WOPT models is brilliant. I am forever wanting to make one and then for some reason I forget about them when it becomes time to print another model!
Old 04-30-2018, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Greetings Darren, that looks very good, many circles, but it fits perfectly is a pleasure to ride these taxi trains. As for the weather everywhere is changed, here we are in the autumn and we continue in T-shirt and Bermuda. We hope to see those wheels. a greeting

Sergio
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM

Thank you Kevin and Sergio,

Kevin: I agree that the artwork is great on these kits. You can make the "simple" version and still come away with a nice display piece. Sometimes I like getting a few done in short time to keep the interest going. I think Sergio would agree as he is doing masterful work on his WOPT projects. I would highly recommend them to all skill levels.

Darren
Old 07-13-2018, 10:09 AM

Hello Everyone,

Life has a way of getting busy, especially with 4 young kids. After 2 months of inactivity I decided to finish this model up by using the supplied "simple" track and running gear parts. This took the build from 18+ parts per bogey with 4 bogeys per side plus the return rollers and drive wheels to 2 parts....The artwork on the "simple" parts is very good so I will still be proud of the final outcome. I still need to put on some of the small bits but that may come next winter when things slow down. Again these are very good kits and it was fun to build. I am considering this build complete. This Panzer IV will sit proudly with its Tiger and Leichtraktor brethren. Thank you all for checking in and as always comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer6.jpg   Panzer IV 1:50 Scale WOPT-panzer7.jpg  
Old 07-13-2018, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Looks like it is ready to (try) to head into Kursk!
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense