PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 04-29-2018, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
That's very, very odd.

Logging in using Firefox the picture in post #9 is not visible - to me anyway.
Using SeaMonkey it is, and I can now see that the T72 model uses a completely different (and possibly simpler) mechanism than what I was describing.
Makes it look like I was talking nonsense
(insert appropriate expletive)

I'm going to go away and think about this.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
So I went away to think about this - between RL distractions.
Anyhows went looking and found that there are 8 videos of these models all posted under a slightly unfortunate user name at -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8...qADUTeaPNtvXJA
They appear to start with a T72 in 2014 followed by a T34, a Tetrach, a 2C3 "Accacia" SP artillery piece, and a revamp of the T72.
The Tetrach video is very low quality so there's a still photo of it below to show what it actually looks like.

Leaving the 2C3 aside for the moment and assuming "Albert Pushitov" and "7nemec" are the same, I've found a build thread for the revamp of the
T72 under the google translated title of "T-72 tank made of paper with working chassis in 1/72 scale."
Танк Т-72 после модернизации рабочей ходовой. - Бумажные модели - Официальный форум игры World of Tanks
Google translates the thread okay and the thumbnails enlarge without having to log-in.

The thread confirms that r'p's' correctly explained the working in post # 9. The road wheels at the 4 corners are the only ones supporting the model
and the wheels in between simply flop up and down according to the ground surface whilst being shackled to the wheel on the other side. The police
car bit in the video https://vk.com/video148398157_170490799 shows how tangled up this "passive" system can get.

Whilst the video of the 2C3 is a bit blurry the thread with the google translated title "The process of creating an active suspension on 2S3 " at
Процесс создания активной ходовой на 2С3 «Ака́ция» в масштабе 1/72. Блог. - Бумажные модели - Официальный форум игры World of Tanks
shows an attempt at an "active" system that seems to have become too complex and to have been given up on.

Still thinking.
Attached Thumbnails
Working tank suspension-tetrach.jpg  
Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks for the new sources and videos. The realism of the movement of the road wheels is very impressive for such a simple system.