PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 05-24-2018, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
... top and bottom flanges come to paste singing with singing, this I do not...
Warning: no content remotely related to papercraft here.

I was reminded that Vinalssergio155 sometimes uses automatic translators. I'm frequently amazed by the prowess of Google's and other modern translators: far from perfect, but worlds apart from what ten years ago was state of the art. Yet I couldn't supress a smile while reading the "singing" stuff above. In Vinalssergio155's Spanish, "canto" means both "edge" and "singing", so I guess "edge gluing" was intended. But in my native Portuguese, "canto" could mean both "corner" and "singing"; I thought of origami, where joining corners is a common maneuver.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Continuously I use the translator because I practically do not know anything about English. Well you have said, in Spanish I can also say edge, edge, side, has several synonyms. And singing also belongs to the verb to sing: I sing, you sing, he sings, etc. Another example, when we refer to the pieces that form for example the fuselage of an airplane, translates it as "coach" and that is the coach of a sports team. Basically the translator fulfills its function, fortunately for those who we do not speak English
Old 05-25-2018, 01:13 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Actually, there has suddenly been an amazing improvement in Google Translate in the last three months.

When I noticed I tested by retranslating some old stuff I had used Google for and the difference was chalk and cheese!