PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenon1947 View Post
Great work.

It's not a Halinski's Military Model?. Looks like something newer. I built this Flak too, but mine was from the mentioned Military Model and it was on awful glossy cardboard. One of the most difficult models.
Flak 36/37 (88mm)
Same model. Your model was part of the reason I tried to build the 88mm - I figured that it might be doable if someone else had completed a build. I looked at the glossy stuff and went ...."nah" - scanned it (I've got an old A3 scanner) and printed on A4 - the original was printed at B4 size so it takes 2 A4 pages to capture all of the parts. Took me ages with Gimp to get that that right. The slightly strange colour is a result of the scanning process and my cheap printer.

I've got the 1996 SdKfz 7 model as well - same glossy paper. That will be even harder to print on decent card because there are lots of parts which are nearly the full length of a B4 page. I don't have a solution for that one yet.

There are still some bits to finish on my Flak model but it's hard to get motivated.

I've been quite impressed by GPM's artillery models - they look quite challenging but quite doable.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 07-17-2018, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
I've got the 1996 SdKfz 7 model as well - same glossy paper. That will be even harder to print on decent card because there are lots of parts which are nearly the full length of a B4 page. I don't have a solution for that one yet.
use power of photocopying machine with ability to do a3.... no hassle with scanning and GIMPing

if you have printed the model on smaller size paper - wasn't it de-scaled?

SDKFZ 7 is difficult model, built 7/1 and found many errors with design (there are 3 models from Hal's sharing the same parts - 7, 7/1 and 7/2) so dont expect easy job, even excluding fabulous glossy paper

cheers
Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetzer View Post

if you have printed the model on smaller size paper - wasn't it de-scaled?

cheers
No. That's the point of scanning the B4 pages and reorganising the parts onto A4 - there's no change in part sizes so the scale remains the same.

The solution for the SdKfz 7 seems to be to scan the B4 pages then reorganise the parts onto a custom size 210mm x 420mm (this is A3 cut down to A4 width).
This will go through an A4 printer once you set a custom paper size.

Regards,

Charlie