PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 09-04-2018, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Great model Charlie.
Panzerserra Bunker- Military Scale Models in 1/35 scale: Renault FT 17 french light tank with dozer blade - case report
Claims there were 10 bulldozer conversions in 1936.
The Renault FT modèle 1917. Automitrailleuse à chenilles was lucky in a way - a very good thing. It was a tank suitable for exploitation and started work only in May 1918 as mobile warfare was just re-emerging. Any earlier and it's limited trench crossing ability may have shown it's limitations in the breakthrough role.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Thanks.

Apparently there were delays in the production of the armour plate for the FT - at least some of this came from Miris Steel in Sheffield. The Puteaux arsenal was slow to deliver the 37mm guns as well.

The stated intent by the French command was to build up a large force of FTs before committing them to action but the German offensive in early 1918 meant the FTs were thrown into action early. In the first action south-west of Soissons on 31 May 1918 31 FTs contained the advance of 2 German divisions by attacking MG positions supporting the infantry. The Germans initially thought the FTs were German and took many casualties when the FTs started firing on cheering German infantry.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
Yes - the FT model on Landships II (Landships II) has an option to build the model as the FT 75 BS. I think the WoT FT model has a similar option (https://worldoftanks.ru/ru/media/10/...17_paper_tank/) . The production 75 BS was a fairly straightforward conversion of the turret to a fixed casement - the rest of the tank was more or less unchanged.

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks for the Landships link. I downloaded their FTs. Clear instructions and nicely designed models. I think I'll build that BS soon, in the nearest future. Maybe even with some kind of little diorama...
Renault FT is definitely a "must have" for anyone who's interested in armored vehicles.