PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-14-2018, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Thumbs up

Fantastic job! Looks like a quite difficult model but the outcome of yours is really good.
Your progress with photography is also noticeable. Nice model is only a 50% of success. The other 50% of success are decent pictures. You've achieved full success here, Sergio.
Congrats!
Old 10-14-2018, 03:17 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Excellent work on this model. It presented some new problems, and required that you gain some new skills, but you overcame, and the result is amazing. Great job!
Old 10-14-2018, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I think you've made the Br-2 version rather than the B-4. It's another WoT gotcha - there are two barrels in the model - a shorter larger diameter barrel (part #35?) which is the 203mm B-4 model and the longer 152mm Br-2 barrel (part #72?). As far as I know the S-51 SPG was never fitted with the 152mm gun. The SPG was unsatisfactory with the B-4 howitzer and there were so few Br-2s (37?) made there probably wasn't a case to create an SPG out of a rare gun type. The difference between the types of gun can be seen in the attached image.

It isn't accurate to just have a different barrel for the 152mm model. The 152mm gun had prominent equilibrator cylinders at the front of the carriage. These were probably necessary since the barrel would be unbalanced on the trunnions and needed the hydraulic cylinders to take the weight off the elevation gear.

Regards,

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
S-51 experimental, WoT design, in 1/50-152mm_m1935_gun_05.jpg  
Old 10-14-2018, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Kacper, Don, thank you very much. Everything improved remarkably since I'm in the forum. As I said here is incredible what you learn from everyone. The model itself is not easy, but when I embark with a WoT design I have full confidence that at least get a very good result. I know that everything is perfect, even the smallest detail, these designs are excellent, but sometimes are not accurate as Charlie, who is a living encyclopedia on this subject, makes us note. repair was timely and simple, in less than 2hs was ready.The issue with the wire was to achieve firm joints, this was an extra expense in different adhesives that did not work. Then I went to the hardware store again, soldering iron, tin and paint remover solved the problem. With the templates that the WoT guys provide us is easy to shape and measure the wires. The model is very beautiful and striking, I decided well when choosing it.
Charlie, as he says, use piece 72, that is, the longest tube. In fig. 12 of the instructions, this piece is included. , so use it. Part 35, the shortest tube is for the simple version. Or it's a mistake or these guys have other information. Again, thank you very much, Charlie, greetings.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
Charlie, as he says, use piece 72, that is, the longest tube. In fig. 12 of the instructions, this piece is included. , so use it. Part 35, the shortest tube is for the simple version. Or it's a mistake or these guys have other information. Again, thank you very much, Charlie, greetings.
Not quite - there were 3 guns which used the same tracked carriage - the 152mm Br-2, 203mm B-4 howitzer and 280mm Br-5 howitzer. The image in my last post has a Br-2 gun and B-4 howitzer beside each other at the Central Museum of the Armed Forces in Moscow. Only the B-4 was fitted to the SPG but WoT have given an option to have the longer barrel of the 152mm gun. However, this isn't accurate because the model should have equilibrator cylinders as well.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 10-14-2018, 06:48 PM

I understand, are the two hydraulic cylinders that are on both sides. So for this version should include the pieces for its construction. Interesting observation Charlie.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I like the way you're choosing to build models with increasing degrees of difficulty as your skill set grows Sergio. I love this tank and all the detail work you have included. Super job!
Old 10-14-2018, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Congratulations on an outstanding build, Sergio, it looks fantastic, especially in the outdoor photos. Very nice indeed, I look forward to seeing what your next project will be.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 10-15-2018, 10:16 AM

Elliott, jaffro, thank you very much !! Actually when I choose a model I do not pay too much attention to the level of difficulty that I have, if I like what I see, I go for it. Of course, if it is more difficult, better.
Constructive agenda, some recoloration of Kacper, the J-29Tunnan of Gerard Methorst, some interesting Robototehnik vehicles, and if something does not appear on the road then I embark on something much more complex, a WoT in 1/25 or a Maxim design , I'm really looking forward to this last thing but it scares me a little, although I'm brave.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Well, this has really really worked out well!

I am impressed and you really have done a great job and with all the detail have really done justice to the model.

The photos are great as well - I especially like the outdoor ones.

I look forward to following your next build!