PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-02-2019, 10:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Thank you all and welcome, please keep your limbs inside the vehicle at all times, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I've had some help locating a few build threads so things are looking up, although it sounds like it's going to be similar to the scud was in terms of bad instructions and questionable fit, etc.

So far I've managed to separate all the parts for the trailer wheels... Lots of repetition both in cutting and building coming my way.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 01-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleclaw4935 View Post
I noticed this is a hard kit to get ahold of. Wish Angraf would do a reprint of this beast.
I bought mine direct from answer.pl. As far as I know, they are the official supplier of Angraf kits. I'm not sure if there's been a reprint but it looks to be the original kit, I was also told the laser set was no longer available but I bought both, from Answer, and they even gave free postage to Australia. As I mentioned in another thread, their customer service was pretty bad but the kit arrived, packaged well, so I'd still consider buying from them again.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
Now we get to swap places. Document well since I intend on using this thread as a guide when I get to this one.

greg

I'll do my best. It's the least I can do after seeing what a difference a good guide like yours makes to a build with questionable instructions.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:07 AM

Decided to make a quick update although there's not much to report so far.

The first task was to sort and cut parts for the trailer wheels, not the official build order, I just like to start with wheels...

40 wheels, 2 spares. Parts 91 to 109.

The only issues I've run into so far are not so much of a problem, just an overabundance of parts on the parts sheets, handy to know before you cut them all out. Parts 91, 107, 108 and 109. Probably due to lazy copy/pasting when the parts were laid out for printing.

Believe me, the last thing you want here is to be cutting out too many parts.

Most of the circle cutting was handled by the laser parts, apart from a big pile of rings and sidewalls. The train made multiple stops at procrastination station, I can assure you. I even came across this picture while procrastinating, that almost inspired a massive change to the way I built the kit.

It seemed like a good idea, halfway through cutting out the 164 rings that make up the sidewalls. In the end, I stuck with it and now I have a massive pile of parts to play with. My wheel production factory is ready to go into full swing.

I didn't even build a test wheel before cutting all that out, I sure hope I don't end up regretting that as any corrections will have to be made as I go now.

Old 01-12-2019, 05:38 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
The abundance of parts could be extras - a lot of manufacturers, designers do this sometimes.

Good luck with the wheels. Cutting everything out is my approach to tedious stuff generally - mass cutting at least goes quicker as you get more skilled with the parts!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.91 MB
Looks like the wheel manufacture is ready for some production.Good luck can't wait to see more ...
Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Menuda collection of rings, circles, bands, etc. you have there. Good luck and patience.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:02 AM

Finally got my mojo back on this one. Due to various real life events recently, I've been unable to spend any time on my models, my modelling desk was relocated and has only just been set up again. I resurrected this build because it was easier to move around with me in a mobile kit I put together. I've had the wheel parts in this case for a while, allowing me to do a bit at a time wherever I am as I'm currently living in two different houses and never know how long I'll be at each one.

Angraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191012215213.jpg

I'm not gonna lie... These 42 wheels nearly got the better of me, before I lost my model desk I lost all motivation to finish these due to the monotony of so many repetitive time consuming parts. The Falcon project was a handy distraction but that has now been temporarily shelved until I work out some issues regarding space and electronics, but that's another story altogether.

Despite the monotony, they came together quite well, the only issue I had was self inflicted, I assembled the stock tread parts, then wrapped the laser engraved tread around them, which meant they didn't quite reach all the way around, not a big deal though, the gap will go to the bottom. I did it that way so I could putty and sand the sidewalls first, so I didn't end up filling the laser engraved tread with putty. I used an automotive spray on putty and some watered down water based wood filler then spent what felt like a whole day (it was 3 hours) sanding them to a nice rounded shape.

Angraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191012215144.jpgAngraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191013033547.jpgAngraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191013162321.jpgAngraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191013162332.jpgAngraf M1070 and M1000 1:25-img20191013162415.jpg

I've built most of the hubs and other parts that hold all the wheels together, I've just got to sort out a paint shortage before I can paint and assemble them.

So that's another long winded post with not much to show, but I now have 42 tyres, built and painted, which should mean smooth sailing from here on.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I know what lost mojo feels like. Those tires look excellent BTW!

Greg
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 AM

Thanks Greg, I'm really happy with how they've come out, I was worried the paint might fill up the engraved tread as it's very thinly engraved, they're going to look even better when I get a bit of dust and dirt on them.

Google Adsense