PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 05-22-2020, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 554.2 KB
E-25

Hello everyone.

While I have another project on the bench going at a slow pace, I decided to start another model, a few weeks ago.

The current model is the E-25 tank. This tank is part of the German E-series project.

This model has some flaws in the assembly, since I never designed anything, but I believe that in the end it will be fine.

So far I have made: the chassis, engine grid, main wheels, shock absorbers, turret, mudguards, exhausts. And cut out the drive wheel parts

And I’m already thinking that if this model works, I’ll see if I choose another model to design, I’ll probably look in the World of Tanks catalog to see if I can find any (suggestions)

About the tracks, does anyone know a site or can tell me how to design the tracks.

One more thing, someone has a painting suggestion, because when it is finished, I admit that painting with panzer gray, until now, I don't like it.
Attached Thumbnails
E-25-01.jpg   E-25-03.jpg   E-25-04.jpg   E-25-5.jpg   E-25-6.jpg  

E-25-10.jpg   E-25-11.jpg   E-25-7.jpg   E-25-8.jpg   E-25-02.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2020, 10:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The Wehrmacht stopped using Panzer Grey in 1943 and all subsequent tanks were painted "Dunkelgelb" - a dark yellow colour base coat. Camouflage was added to this in whatever pattern or amounts the operating units thought fit. The two camouflage colours specified were a Red-Brown and Olive Green.

At the end of the war there were variations on this proposed using a green base coat with yellow and brown camouflage patterns. There was also a simplified pattern which used the red oxide undercoat as the base colour with yellow and green applied as camouflage.

There were huge variations in camouflage patterns used so you can probably find one you like.

Since you are modelling a vehicle which was designed to be a light sturmgeschutze perhaps an "ambush" scheme like the attached. You will also go quite insane adding all the dots to the camouflage pattern - so there is an upside.

Regards,

Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
E-25-sturmtiger.jpg  

Last edited by CharlieC; 05-22-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
This looks really good so far, especially as a first effort at designing. What scale is it?

As for the tracks, do you you intend to have detailed individual links? If so, making them can be very tedious work. In my 1/50 scale WW1 tanks, I used a strip of printer paper as a 'core", to which I attached individual links mage by laminating thicker card. My links were solid plates, which made the process manageable. Typical German track links were a sort of open "waffle" form, which might be do-able in 1/35, but a bit difficult in anything smaller.

just my 2 bits.

I expect the painting would be a form of the late war "ambush" type. It used a base color of Panzer Yellow (yellow ochre), overlaid by irregular splotches of Red-Brown and Medium Green. Sometimes, small dots of the brown and green were added to create a dappled appearance. You should be able to find examples of it on the 'net. Bison Decals has a number of color profiles to showcase their decals at: https://www.scalemates.com/companies...?id=366&p=list
I am attaching a couple of examples that I downloaded. I do hope posting them doesn't violate any copyrights.

I hope this helps. and keep up the great work.

Wayne
Old 05-22-2020, 10:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.66 MB
Boa sorte no projeto!

I will be keeping one eye here
Old 05-22-2020, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
attachments here
Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bison 35075.pdf (68.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf Bison 35072.pdf (73.6 KB, 45 views)
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2020, 11:28 PM

@CharlieC - Thanks for the color tips. I would use panzer gray as an initial idea, as in World of Tanks, but it would certainly change in the end. But the hint of camouflage color I really liked.

@Wayne - It is an attempt to do something different, I don’t build a lot of models, but I decided to take a chance.
About the tracks, I think of making a printed strip and just making the necessary cuts and the relief part pasting other details as they are done in individual links, but I think of a single strip, for a start.
Thanks for the Bison files.

@Rafael Dias - Obrigado amigo. Espero que dê tudo certo até no fim.
Thank you friend. I hope everything goes well until the end.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
It looks great so far, keep it going mate. Fascinating stuff as this is something I am looking at for a larger scale project.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:23 PM

Hello.

The E25 project continues, but I slowed down. Because there are some flaws that are being corrected, because some parts did not measure correctly and I had to redo it.

But taking advantage I need a help. Someone could tell me how to calculate the holes that go into the wheel teeth on the track, because I tried to do it and it didn't work.

The holes are not matching to the teeth.
I'm sending you a drawing with the measurements of the wheels and the track for you to see.
Attached Thumbnails
E-25-tracks.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tracks.pdf (14.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-21-2020, 08:25 PM

Hi Mike, when I finish the model I can even pass it on to you, but it is in the 1:25 scale, but the main problem is that as I did for myself, there is no instruction, I look at the parts on PC and assemble more.

Regards.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I know what you mean about the tracks, even in CAD they are a pain. Looking forward to seeing more.
Google Adsense

Tags
e-25, e25, entwicklung