PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 11-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
ATF Dingo Build

I started this project at my buddy, Ed's last night. He has a copy of this model as well and will be building this as his first paper model.

My intent is to only work on this at Ed's. This means progress will be slow since I only go there to build once a week.

To help in our builds, laser cut parts are being used to cut down on laminating and cardboard cutting issues.

Also, this will not delay my start to the Scud which is scheduled to start after my Chi-Ri is finished.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1365.jpg  
Old 11-07-2009, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This will be an enjoyable thread to follow, Greg. But then, all your threads are enjoyable.

Don
Old 11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
There is a certain irony here. If a baby get holds of your model it will be "A baby ate my Dingo" instead of "A Dingo ate my Baby".
Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 AM

In an effort to get ahead of Ed so I can steer him around any build issues, I have built frame parts 1 through 10. I hit my first Modelik WTF issue with parts 10L and 10P. These are box type pieces with two sides and a wrap around. The wrap around doesn't make it the whole way around and the fold marks are mislocated. This is definitely something that should have been caught during a test build.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1423.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1426.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1427.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1428.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM

Good looking start, Greg.... Hmmm, seems Modelik is attempting to try your patience!
Google Adsense
Old 12-11-2009, 10:06 PM

The frame is finished. Some of the wire parts did not fit well when made per the patterns provided. Now I'm on to the tires.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1449.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1450.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM

After a 2 week break for the holidays, I got the tires finished at Ed's house last Thursday. The pictures are before I did any touch up painting. I'm now working on the exhaust.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1563.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1564.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Interesting, and I am wondering how this one got by me, 1st time I came across this thread. Not familiar w/vehicle but does look neat. Chassis looks good, really like the job you did w/tires.Rick
Old 01-10-2010, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Sturdy-looking frame, Greg!

Glad work is continuing on this one. Good build up to the Staghound with the seven million very little pieces.

Don
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Sorry I have been neglecting this thread. I have not been neglecting the build however. This model is so deceptive. It looks so sraightforward and lulls you into a sense that it will just fall together. Nothing could be further from the truth. My buddy Ed is going to try and tackle this as his first paper model. I'm not sure it is a good one for him to start with, but I'm glad I'm building it first to steer him around all the pitfalls.

This build has all the components of a challenging build. Parts too big, too small, labeled wrong, misterious unlabeled white spaces, poor construction drawings, incomprehensible instructions (since I don't read Polish fluently), the list goes on.

Here are pictures of progress to date. The interior builds up OK and I have yet to build the equipment that goes between the front and rear seats. The radiator cannot physically sit on its mark on the frame as the radiator fan interferes with the engine block. most of the marks in the engine bay are mismarked or not marked at all.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1764.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1765.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1766.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1767.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1768.jpg