PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 12-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
You step up to the plate with this - YOU GOT BALLS ! :D I will enjoy this thread for sure
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Yes, but by the time it is finished, they will be men and women! OK, maybe teenagers. This should be fun to watch.

Greg is a pretty quick builder, If anyone can do it he'll be the one!

Good luck you're a lot braver than I am.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Greg,
I read a review of a pc game that said as long as you don't have any family, friends or a job this is the game for you. I fear this model fits into that same category. Having said that you can count on me to be your friend as I watch you assemble this model. Like the others I envy your determination.
Phil
Old 12-05-2009, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Thank you all for the encouragement. I know I will need it as I have already hit my first Modelik WTF moment with this build after assembling only 4 pieces - the frame rail sides.

The right side inner frame side plate has an error on the second axle hole. the area to cut out is marked a touch (1 mm) too low and does not line up with the other axle holes in line or across from it. I had to egg out the top of the hole.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik - SS-1C Scud B & Maz-543-dscn1432.jpg   Modelik - SS-1C Scud B & Maz-543-dscn1434.jpg  
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
Thank you all for the encouragement. I know I will need it as I have already hit my first Modelik WTF moment with this build after assembling only 4 pieces - the frame rail sides.

The right side inner frame side plate has an error on the second axle hole. the area to cut out is marked a touch (1 mm) too low and does not line up with the other axle holes in line or across from it. I had to egg out the top of the hole.

Greg
And so the FUN begins Watch out for the A-10's overhead... they'll try and take this out All the best to you Greg - Happy Days
Google Adsense
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM

Some more progress on the frame. The cross member fit was good. The flanges on the top and bottom did not have flat surfaces to fit on, so they had to be held in place for a little bit and tweaked here and there.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik - SS-1C Scud B & Maz-543-dscn1435.jpg   Modelik - SS-1C Scud B & Maz-543-dscn1436.jpg   Modelik - SS-1C Scud B & Maz-543-dscn1437.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 02:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Greg,

I'm just curious. What happens if there is a mistake and you need to remake a part? It sounds like there are already some fit issues that down the line could eventually make this necessary. I usually scan the model I am making just in case I need to redo something. Did you scan this model--just in case? One of my problems with big models such as this is that scanning them takes forever and a day. Its another reason I never getting around to even beginning something as ambitious as this model.
Phil
Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 AM

I live dangerously, I don't scan anything. I have been known to photocopy specific parts when there are not enough of them and I have made some from scratch a time or two. Besides, I don't have a scanner big enough for A3 size sheets.

Greg
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Greg, I have a back-up copy here if you run into trouble. Just let me know if you need a scan of a particular part.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Greg, I have a back-up copy here if you run into trouble. Just let me know if you need a scan of a particular part.
Thanks. I appreciate the offer. Here's hoping I don't have to take you up on it, though.

Greg