PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 01-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Japanese tank Type 2 Ka-Mi 1:25

Hello,
I would like to start new building report. The subject of it is Imperial Japanese Navy's first amphibious tank Type 2 Ka-Mi. Model of this tank was published in Maly Modelarz several years ago. My colleagues ask me to design model of this tank and I decided to do that especially that I very like it. I don't want to describe the vehicle in details - you can read about it here: Type 2 Ka-Mi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and here: Type 2 Ka-Mi*Amphibious Tank - History, Specifications and Picture - Military Tanks, Vehicles, and Artillery.
As a base for this model mainly I used drawings and pictures from Japonska bron pancerna. Vol. 2. - AJ Press book. Based on these drawings I draw this tank in 3D in scale 1:25. My Idea is to make 2D parts, made the model and if it will be possible publish the model.
I would like to built the following tank:

Here is my Ka-Mi together with one designed by my models, tankiette Type 94 Te-Ke:

In next days I'll show you how I will build the paper model of Ka-Mi. I hope you will enjoy.
Michal
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2010, 06:17 PM

I have followed you on the other Forum and I am glad to see you here and look forward to your building this interesting tank.:DRick
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I really like this tank and I very much look forward to seeing your construction process.
Thank you!
Chris
Old 01-24-2010, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Great looking design. I look forward to following your build. Is the Type 94 Te-Ke available somewhere? It is a great looking design also.

Last edited by B-Manic; 01-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I am not much of a tankophile, but I appreciate a well-designed model. Looking forward to more!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Here you go
.: WWW.MODEL-HOBBY.PL :. Internetowy Sklep Modelarski - Modele Kartonowe, Modele plastikowe, Akcesoria modelarskie
GPM - modele kartonowe

While not my favorite design, it is a Japanese tank and I'm looking forward to add it to my collection. Great job.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I know of a certain Colonel, who shall remain nameless, who will totally go gaga over this kit.

Marrying two of his interests in to one

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo

Last edited by rickstef; 01-25-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
I'm not much of a tank guy, either (King of battle). However, the Japanese actually had some pretty intereting tanks during WWII.
I look forward to this build.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Hello,

I made already body and wheels for my model but I would like to show you how I'm building Ka-Mi from the begging.

First, I'm going to build tank, next water protections and finally pontoons. So, lets start to build the tank:

I glued all frame parts to 1mm board and I cut all parts. I connected first few elements together and I installed all axises for wheels:

I was thinking how and when to install hooks / brackets for pontoons. I decided to glue them now, to frame parts before I attach the parts to the frame. If I cut and glue all parts precisely everything should fit together well. The main issue is how far the hooks should be jut above the model body. Any way, I connected all frame parts together and I got the following:

Next I glue hull parts and I have ready the body:

Next pictures I'll add tomorrow.

Back to Type 94 Te-Ke. It was published by WAK publisher in 2008 (Galeria modelu). It was my first published model. My colleague, Struna, presented this model already here: Type 94 Te-Ke - WAK [by struna]. Another copy of it you can see here: modelarstwo kartonowe, plastikowe ... :: Zobacz temat - Type 94 Te-Ke by Z?O Squad.

Regards,
Michal
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am exceptionally pleased (totally gaga) at the appearance of another WWII Japanese armored vehicle. And an amphibian! You have clearly done some excellent research and you are turning out a very accurate and realistic model.

Don
Google Adsense

Tags
ka-mi