PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Interesting thoughts Dessy ..... I'd like to see the gatlin made entirely from paper with paper gears, so that it worked as it should, as I'm interested in automatas made of paper at the moment. I was an instrument maker for most of my working life, so metal gears aren't a problem if I went down a metal path, but paper interests me more. Your gatlin is very detailed, so may I ask where you got your inspiration and parts plans from?

Sunny Cannock??... yes it is this week, very much so, as is most of the UK I think ....

The link is an online store and forum run by a friend of mine who also lives in Cannock. We often meet for coffee, and you're welcome to join us if you're close enough, and I'd like to see the gun in 'the flesh' too.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
Interesting thoughts Dessy ..... I'd like to see the gatlin made entirely from paper with paper gears, so that it worked as it should, as I'm interested in automatas made of paper at the moment. I was an instrument maker for most of my working life, so metal gears aren't a problem if I went down a metal path, but paper interests me more. Your gatlin is very detailed, so may I ask where you got your inspiration and parts plans from?

Sunny Cannock??... yes it is this week, very much so, as is most of the UK I think ....

The link is an online store and forum run by a friend of mine who also lives in Cannock. We often meet for coffee, and you're welcome to join us if you're close enough, and I'd like to see the gun in 'the flesh' too.
hi malc. you sound serious about this project . it would be worth doing as i think you would be the first to complete a fully working model. just make it to a 'handable' scale and with being into instument making, sounds like your the ideal candidate. ok you've got the job and look forward to seeing it posted soon. na, only kiddin :D.
unique alternative engineering to solve problems in life, despite the fact these are designed to kill as many things as is possible are what inspires me. on the long search through online sources i was'nt able to single out a good sketch/plan. there are quite a few differences in the models, from mr gatlins through to when colt started playing with them. i ended up picking this one only because it had a few more pictures of either side for my reference and also liked the idea of the occilater on the rear so you could take a seat and have a cuppa while you cranked the handle and if you were interested you could occasionally look up to see if the enemy were still there! :D it would be nice to see the occilater working if you where to do one. Of all the sites i browsed there was one i missed! could be a good point of info, look further back on these threads and you'll come across a link kindly supplied by 'Renaud' you may find usefull for the workings .
I was just curious when asking about link to online store, handy having a mate who runs it, never had any experience of eastern block kits, from what i hear there meant to pretty good. mmmm... coffee in cannock, bares thinking about . sorry i could'nt be more specific on data for your project. my head, at the moment, is swimming with the notion of building a cross sectional view of an AC 130 spectre gunship showing the cannon, minigun and magazine racks ect....... 'crackers' :D.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
There's a place here that sells a hand cranked gatling gun made from wood that shoots rubber bands. About 300 a minute if you can crank fast enough. Be kinda cool to adapt the concept to a minigun with an electric motor.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
There's a place here that sells a hand cranked gatling gun made from wood that shoots rubber bands. About 300 a minute if you can crank fast enough. Be kinda cool to adapt the concept to a minigun with an electric motor.
hi murphyaa
yeh, that would be a great idea. wow, 300 bands! ouch,ouch,ouch
Old 07-11-2010, 06:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Somebody beat me to it...
Google Adsense
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Dessy;

Your build are outstanding and would like to see more of them. If you can.......some of your tips and tricks would be of great help.

Sam
SERE Instructor 89-95
Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 AM

Is there a Gatling on display anywhere in the UK I wonder?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Hey guys, I really love ripping models from games and then convert them to paper. I was playing Call of Jaurez and loved running around with the gatling. Anyhow, if there is some interest in the model, I will be happy to convert it to paper for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
gatlin gun-gatling.jpg   gatlin gun-gatling2.jpg   gatlin gun-gatling3.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Hey guys, I really love ripping models from games and then convert them to paper. I was playing Call of Jaurez and loved running around with the gatling. Anyhow, if there is some interest in the model, I will be happy to convert it to paper for you guys.
hi blaar , where has a guy with your talent been! i dont have the gift for computer drawing and was hoping that some one would come along with a drawing of a gatlin at some time 'ripped or not' and here it is, at last! you've done a great job on the detailing, wooden stand as well, great stuff blaar. i for one would love to have a go at this one.

being a new post lets see if there is any more interest. i'm sure there will be shortly! they just have to latch on to this thread. like ya say, it has to be worth the trouble of converting. oh, i do hope so. again well done on this.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM

CT is right, the Gatling gun didn't come along untill the Civil War, original modle didn't use cartiges as we know them today, used s sort of steel one you used percussion caps on, more of a reloadable chamber really. The army didn't want to buy them as the factory was too close to the South, they were afraid they'd pay for them only to have the South raid the factory and make off with them, or so the story goes! Only ones to see service were purchased by a Union gerneral for his unit. I've always wondered what would have happened had Custer rought his gatlings with him to the Little Bighorn, he might have kept his hair! (actually, he cut his hair short just before he left!)
Google Adsense