PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just in case anybody is interested, there is a Frech Millaruse (Probably spelled it wrong!) on the Gallica site site licked to the Vintage decoupages forum, it's pree wwI vintage, but looks interesting. This was a contemrpary of the Gatling, used in the Franco-Prussian war of 1870, would have been more decisive but the French kept it so secret their own troops didn't know how to properly employ it!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Mitrailleuse implemented by de Reffye

Mitrailleuse Home

The same website as the one I quoted upwads, it makes you fell how the secret gun was working. Even the marshall Mac Mahon discovered them just before the battle of Frœschwiller, at seeing them passing by.

I would like building the papermodel I have seen too, but how could it be possible, there are no instructions. Were they existing?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 PM

There didn't appear to be, but it looks simple enough. Thanks for the link btw, may help whenI get around to trying to build! But as i said it is apparetnly pre-WWI vintage so it may not be that accurate a model.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Small update, I had to re-do most of the work on my first go at cleaning the Gatling. Seems like when ripping with 3D Ripper, the faces are not all flat even though they appear flat in pepakura they are not. So cleaning up the mesh is a real pain.

So I searched and searched and guess what, I found a way to extract the actual models from within the game files. No need for 3D Ripper. I extracted the Gatling again and this time it was way better. Even the axis was aligned so mirroring parts was easy.

Almost done cleaning, the hardest parts are done, just need to do the barrels. There are some tricky parts like the handle on top of the drum but I am leaving it for those with the skill and patience. Most of the build will be easy, I have split some tricky parts into more parts to make it easier. Some parts I re-did because they were just a mess and not easy to build with paper.

Oh yes, and if any one wants some 18th century guns , let me know
Attached Thumbnails
gatlin gun-gat.jpg   gatlin gun-ranger.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
19th Century guns are very popular in Missouri (Civil War and frontier interest). Not so much interest in weapons from the 1700's.

Your models look very good.
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.49 MB
That looks fantistic I made one out of wood and it took me 6 months.The toymaker
Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 PM

great to hear of more interest on this one .

blaar> at least you've found a better way than using 'ripper'. should make it a lot easier for future projects. it might of worked out that you had designed yourself into a corner and wished ya had'nt started 'as usually happens to me' but looks like ya solved the problem, well done mate .
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessy View Post
great to hear of more interest on this one .

blaar> at least you've found a better way than using 'ripper'. should make it a lot easier for future projects. it might of worked out that you had designed yourself into a corner and wished ya had'nt started 'as usually happens to me' but looks like ya solved the problem, well done mate .
Thanks.

Oh yes, to be continued : HERE