PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Armory

Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That looks great! How long is it? Looks just a tad shorter than 1/1. Or, Your just a big guy. I actually own a PSL. I will actually probably never own an SVD. However I will be downloading and building this model!!!At least I can put one on the wall.

Great job!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder81777 View Post
on the triggerguards I always laminte the side pieces to thick card then when you glue on the inner/outer strips the thickness of the regular and imm card gives ample gluing surface
I have found this to be true of many of Jules' models. They are designed to fit together perfect but I have found that many of the parts require a bit of extra reinforcement with heavier card stock. Another thing that I have foud with his designs is that there are an excessive amount of glue tabs, especially on the really small fiddley pieces. I usually remove all of these tabs and replace them with my own joining strips if needed. I think this makes for a much nicer finished edge.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
hi sidewinder
yes, compliments on a very clean build. i did this one a while back and have to agree with alpinemike, it does seem to me that it is a little smaller than the original, but still a good one to mount on the wall and the tip on the middle re-enforcement was invaluable. nice one