PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Article Discussions

Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Exclamation My Free Model is placed on SALE!!!!!!

Hello my dear papermodelers,

We enjoy sharing papermodels for free so that we can share the joy we get while building them, among our fellow people.

But some retards misuses our generosity of sharing models for free, by placing them on sale >> Report This Site

I want to alert every papermodeler here to go and google thier works and report any other Sites of people selling you models...

Thank You!
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2017, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I know it stinks. Maybe some of the folks that are here will be able to help you know how to proceed.

I got really ticked off when I did a repaint of a model and showed someone how to go through the steps of doing it himself. After a lot of nagging, I finally relented and sent it to him. Less than three days later it was posted on a pirate site. At least they didn't credit me for it. That would have been even worse. I didn't feel like doing anything paper model related for a long time. I hope you continue, in spite of the jerks.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
I try to be philosophical about these things, but I agree it's very annoying. I'm very generous and have given a cell phone to a friend's son, for instance. When you find out that things you generously gave were subsequently sold it can make you wary of doing it again. But you just have to chalk it up to people being people and move on, I guess. Maybe the guy selling paper models on that site is dirt poor and has no other income. He sees something of value and tries to earn a little something from it. Sorry if you were expecting outrage.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.28 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I know it stinks. Maybe some of the folks that are here will be able to help you know how to proceed.

I got really ticked off when I did a repaint of a model and showed someone how to go through the steps of doing it himself. After a lot of nagging, I finally relented and sent it to him. Less than three days later it was posted on a pirate site. At least they didn't credit me for it. That would have been even worse. I didn't feel like doing anything paper model related for a long time. I hope you continue, in spite of the jerks.
Yes Mr. king, These actions demotivate us for an instance but, carrying on with the passion for doing more papermodels is the best motivation. And to forget what has been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARX2 View Post
I try to be philosophical about these things, but I agree it's very annoying. I'm very generous and have given a cell phone to a friend's son, for instance. When you find out that things you generously gave were subsequently sold it can make you wary of doing it again. But you just have to chalk it up to people being people and move on, I guess. Maybe the guy selling paper models on that site is dirt poor and has no other income. He sees something of value and tries to earn a little something from it. Sorry if you were expecting outrage.
Hmm. You have got point. Let by gones be by gones.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 61.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkensky View Post
Hello my dear papermodelers,

We enjoy sharing papermodels for free so that we can share the joy we get while building them, among our fellow people.

But some retards misuses our generosity of sharing models for free, by placing them on sale >> Report This Site

I want to alert every papermodeler here to go and google thier works and report any other Sites of people selling you models...

Thank You!
Businessmen...parasites.
That was exactly the reason that I decided to keep a trace of my models by publishing them password protectd and asking for the intrested's credentials.
Google Adsense
Old 04-21-2018, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard1938 View Post
Businessmen...parasites.
That was exactly the reason that I decided to keep a trace of my models by publishing them password protectd and asking for the intrested's credentials.
Anything that I've downloaded from you has never been shared anywhere by me. All storage discs with downloads in my possession are to be destroyed upon my death. After all, FREE MEANS FREE, NOT TO BE SOLD!
Old 04-21-2018, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.90 GB
Just remember, Karma is a B!tch and has a BIG hammer. She is slow, but they
have to sleep sometime. When Karma catches up with them... He he he wouldn't
you like to be a fly on the wall when that happens.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.73 MB
I just came back to the hobby a few months ago after being away for almost 3 years to find such people like Ton gone. I admire his work but more so his generosity. I have tried to make these models and put in a good effort, but it's just beyond me how to design these kinds of models, so I can see how much effort goes into making them. So I was so happy to see Ton's work again when I saw it on the Wayback Machine. I also see people selling FG models on ETSY, that I did something about because I sell on there too.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.56 GB
As someone who couldn't design to save my life, i really appreciate those who not only can but choose to share. I find it deplorable that people use others work in this way. I know it doesn't help and probably doesn't mean much but, for myself, I thank all of those who design and share.